News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Having a problem upgrading from 1.1.18 to 2.0.5

Started by Morning, August 31, 2013, 11:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morning

Works! Say Solved!

1) after moving site to test/new server, recommend to always run repair_settings.php
2) upgrade.php - extra check recommended - are avatars, smilies, and especially themes from the same host as current server?
3) recommend modifying admin theme to default (had to repeat everything because my default theme did not work on upgraded site - all "buttons/menu's etc were lost"

Yes - Solved. Second run using default theme and all is "upgraded". Now to proceed with finding the nice new mods.

Thanks for the support!

Kindred

you are correct.... no themes for 1.1.x will work on 2.0.x - Changing your theme to "default" should be added to the upgrade instructions, if it is not there already
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Morning

It is taking some getting used to. My old anti-bot registration is not working AND it is harder (atm) to delete members. Still struggling with the new menu layout.

:-\

Advertisement: