News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Is there a newer chat mod?

Started by bdh, September 02, 2013, 03:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phphelp

Ok, I was able to sign up, "lasso"

I got a different question this time that I was able to put 2 and 2 together..

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Phphelp

Yeah it was Magic Wand.

Mashby, thanks for chatting with me today on your forum chat. I think the chat mod is awesome.

mashby

You are quite welcome. I enjoyed our discussion. I didn't enjoy the reason I left though. Looks like I have to cheer for a different NFL team this season. Might have to be the Broncos. ;)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

bdh

Quote from: Phphelp on September 08, 2013, 12:19:35 PM
I must be re-tarted, I don't know the answer to

"What Photoshop tool is also used by Harry Potter?:" to sign up on your forum to test it out.

I was thinking it would be "choppix" or "adobe", but apparently I'm wrong.

I don't know that either lol. Also, after removing the chat mod, my site is now inaccessible. http://oliserver.com/~teamr [nofollow]

I've tried manually restoring a backup and everything.

mashby

- James M. Barrie

bdh

Quote from: mashby on September 08, 2013, 09:10:15 PM
Is oliserver.com [nofollow] really the domain you have?

Yes. I'm still trying to get my site 100% before I worry about picking a domain name.

But like I said, after removing the chat mod, my site is completely down. "500 Internal Server Error." Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mashby

Hmm...I guess I'm a bit confuzzled. Is the domain in question your hosting provider or truly yours? It seems to be the former.
- James M. Barrie

bdh

Quote from: mashby on September 08, 2013, 10:09:07 PM
Hmm...I guess I'm a bit confuzzled. Is the domain in question your hosting provider or truly yours? It seems to be the former.

It is the default forum URL that was given to me when I ordered hosting through OLI. It is their domain, mine is in the process of being transferred from a previous host.

The issue has nothing to do with the domain though so I'm not seeing why that's relevant. My site was running fine until I tried to remove the chat Mod.

kawajax

No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
http://shareitservice.com/

Phphelp

Thanks,

This chat mod is great I have it installed now, thanks @mashby for the guidance.

jomac

Im having major probs as well with the install of chat and shoutbox, i also have forum/chat in 2 directories as mentioned by another poster. The zipped instructions mention running the file install.php but nowhere in either directory does this file exist.

Looking back on the hard drive of my PC and searching in all of the unzipped files i looked at earlier, its not there either.

I simply created a folder called 'forum', uploaded the zipped AjaxChat file, unzipped it, and a chat file (with others) was created.

Am i missing something?

Kindred

you really need to ask questions regarding the mod in the support topic dedicated to supporting that mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: