News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Old closed accounts on SMF 2.0.5

Started by homebrewdave, September 10, 2013, 05:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

homebrewdave

Hi all, I have a old member that closed is account and wants to return, he's opened a new account for now but he was a good member and I like to reopen is old account or move is old posts back to him.

can any thing be done??

Thanks

Burke ♞ Knight

Could always change the email in old account to new one. PM the member, ask for an email addy to use, then change it.
Have the member use lost password, or could always reset their password through admin panel.
Then after, delete the new account. Before do that, go to Maintenance, Members, and reatribute the posts from the username to be deleted to the one that is being kept.

Illori

if the old account is deleted then you only need to do the part of reattribute the posts from the deleted account to the new one, the rest is not needed.

homebrewdave

Quote from: Illori on September 10, 2013, 05:50:23 AM
if the old account is deleted then you only need to do the part of reattribute the posts from the deleted account to the new one, the rest is not needed.

I tried changing name on old posts but it would not let me reattribute them to the new member, I tried opening a new account using same name and it did but did not let old posts be moved, closed account is under a guest name and cant be found ?

Illori

try using a different name for the new account, you can always rename the account after the posts are reattributed.

Burke ♞ Knight

If go to Maintenance, Members, the atribute there should work.
Attribute guest posts made with
Username - enter the old username that shows as a guest.

Attribute posts to member:
Enter the username of the member's new account

Add posts to users post count
Check that box.

homebrewdave

Quote from: BurkeKnight on September 10, 2013, 06:15:59 AM
If go to Maintenance, Members, the atribute there should work.
Attribute guest posts made with
Username - enter the old username that shows as a guest.

Attribute posts to member:
Enter the username of the member's new account

Add posts to users post count
Check that box.

that's worked, thanks, missed that one, thanks again everyone for your help!

Advertisement: