News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Setting 'Most Online Ever' back to zero.

Started by SDMCC, September 03, 2013, 09:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDMCC

Regarding the feature at the bottom of the Board Index page> 'Most Online Today: 7. Most Online Ever: 59 (June 07, 2013, 08:36:00 AM)'
How can I set the 59 back to zero?

Kindred

I do not think it can be easily accomplished...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

SDMCC

Burke ♞ Knight

I personally have no idea why you'd want to.
Me? I'd like to make all my sites show more. :)

Shambles

Quote from: SDMCC
So it's not possible then?

Yes, it's possible. The inference was that you need to do a direct update to the correct database table. You comfortable doing that, say, using phpMyAdmin (or equivalent)?

Acans

Quote from: Shambles on September 04, 2013, 04:47:00 AM
Yes, it's possible. The inference was that you need to do a direct update to the correct database table. You comfortable doing that, say, using phpMyAdmin (or equivalent)?

If you are, run this query:

UPDATE  `database_name`.`smf_settings` SET  `value` =  '0' WHERE  `smf_settings`.`variable` =  'mostOnline';

Remember to update database_name to whatever your database is called, and change smf_ if you choose a different prefix while installing SMF.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Arantor

Um, what is 20_settings and what does it have to do with `database_name`.`smf_settings` ? ;)

Burke ♞ Knight

Can't you just go into the database and set it to 0 from there?
If so, where is the Most Online located in the DB?

Acans

Woops, forgot to change 20 to smf :P

Quote from: BurkeKnight on September 04, 2013, 06:21:02 PM
Can't you just go into the database and set it to 0 from there?

Yes you can do that too :)
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Shambles

Quote from: BurkeKnight
It's shown in ѕησω's post above.

{db_prefix}settings ("mostOnline","value")

SDMCC

If you are, run this query:
UPDATE  `database_name`.`smf_settings` SET  `value` =  '0' WHERE  `smf_settings`.`variable` =  'mostOnline';

So if put in the above code and change the 20 to 0 that will do it, yes?

How do I find where to put this in, the idiot guide please.

I cannot install phpMyAdmin (or equivalent)? What is the equivalent?

margarett

You don't have phpmyadmin? Now that's strange...
You have to have a way to manage your databases, no?

What about FTP? If you cannot do it directly in MySQL, maybe using SSI. But that requires you to access your files
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SDMCC

Quote from: margarett on September 06, 2013, 07:53:52 AM
You don't have phpmyadmin? Now that's strange...
You have to have a way to manage your databases, no?

What about FTP? If you cannot do it directly in MySQL, maybe using SSI. But that requires you to access your files
phpmy won't install.
I don't understand this "You have to have a way to manage your databases, no?"
How do I access the database to change it?

Branko.

Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

SDMCC

Most Online Today: 6. Most Online Ever: 59.

Here is the code for Most Online Today and Most Online Ever, can you tell me please what I have to change to get both the 6 and the 59 back to zero.

</p>
         <p class="last smalltext">
            ', $txt['most_online_today'], ': <strong>', comma_format($modSettings['mostOnlineToday']), '</strong>.
            ', $txt['most_online_ever'], ': ', comma_format($modSettings['mostOnline']), ' (', timeformat($modSettings['mostDate']), ')
         </p>';

Arantor

For the n'th time, it's NOT IN THERE. You have to change the database, changing the code will have precisely no effect.

SDMCC

margarett

And, you still didn't tell us if you have FTP (or any kind of file manager) access to your files. Not to mention the direct access to the database...
You see, there are some ways to solve your problem, but we need to know what resources you can access...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

I'll calm down when you listen to what's being said ;)

Advertisement: