Instant change avatar or signature buttons on profiles and mini profiles.

Started by wynnyelle, September 03, 2013, 06:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

wynnyelle

omg - it works! The text and everything shows up. Sweet ^_^ Thanks!

It currently displays under the avatar but above the button array.

It looks like the attached image below.

What do you think? Would it be better off on the button array? Maybe as the last thing on it?

I did just notice that half the buttons on that array only pertain to other people's accounts rather than one's own. Makes me think there should be a different set for your own stuff other than the shortcuts to the image gallery and blog. What do you think?

Well it at least works where it is now! I just can't help but think there's a spiffier way to incorporate it.

If kept as text for now, do you think it would be better to have it read (Edit Avatar and Signature) ?

Burke ♞ Knight

The buttons are really meant for others to access the member's profile info that they have entered.
So, adding it there, make it visible only to the member, so the others wont see it anyway.
I'd add it there, with the image I provided earlier. :)

wynnyelle

I was actually thinking of a new idea for this. A small array of buttons where the text link is now, like just two buttons or something, but that have circle shapes like the existing ones.

It would prevent people from mixing them up since the array of 5 buttons would remain the same on both {though that money sending link on one's own profile should probably just link them to the store or their own inventory or something instead} and the small two-button array would be discreet enough to work with the current design yet stand out just enough for members to notice them and try them out.

Burke ♞ Knight

A text menu that pops up when hover over the avatar would be nice... :)

wynnyelle

The avatars link leads rigth to the profile itself though. Would that interfere?

If not, then yes I agree it would be great to have that!!!

I like little pop up windows that make those things easy.

Advertisement: