News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Merge accounts

Started by Arantor, September 03, 2013, 07:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Right now we have reattribute, which means a deleted account's content can be attributed back to a user.

What about merging two accounts together? The process is, mostly, the same except you're not matching details off username or email address but from a user id instead. There are a few slight variations (e.g. around PMs, where you need to do a bit more checking to ensure you don't end up with duplicate rows in the DB, e.g. a PM sent to both accounts) but nothing huge to fix.

Burke ♞ Knight

This is something I'm also very interested in. :)

Been waiting for something like this.

Arantor

A basic version is barely an evening's work for a competent modder. Finishing it up with the PM stuff is probably a further half day's work.

Spuds

I did a mod that does this ... however I'm sure it took me more than an evening so I would not suggest using it  :P

Burke ♞ Knight

I knew there was something very familiar about this request.
I made similar request back on January 4, 2009.
Merge Users

Arantor

There's one thing different about this request. That picture up there, that's not a mockup.

Burke ♞ Knight

Picture?

Hate to say this, my friend, but I don't see a picture.

Also, the request I made is rather old, before a lot of other changes were made, so I hope that it bodes better results this time around. :)

Arantor

Bah, I swore I attached a picture.

Reattached, anyway.

Spuds

QuoteThere's one thing different about this request. That picture up there, that's not a mockup.
Ah nice way to present it, mine ended up a bit more complicated (as usual) ..
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=3309;id=195041;image
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=3309;id=195053;image

Arantor

That mod isn't approved :/

Spuds

Well it was but then later moved to your best friend gitHub  O:)

Arantor

But Github doesn't have pictures :P

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

vbgamer45

Oh yeah cool I use that one that can easily be included here with SMF
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

The licence would make that interesting since it's MPL licensed while SMF itself is BSD.

Advertisement: