[TIP/TRICK] Auto [iurl] For Internal Links And "nofollow" For External Links

Started by Neo_TE, September 06, 2013, 02:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

Installed on my SMF 2 forum, what a great idea!

Will try to make this work on SMF 1.

Edit: The edits on SMF 1 are the same, but couldn't get it to work. Appears that both internal and external links get nofollow...

Neo_TE

Quote from: Liam_michael on September 14, 2013, 02:15:04 PM
Installed on my SMF 2 forum, what a great idea!

Will try to make this work on SMF 1.

Edit: The edits on SMF 1 are the same, but couldn't get it to work. Appears that both internal and external links get nofollow...

Thanks & you're welcome.

Ill check on making it work properly with SMF 1.x.

milcar

Thanks a lot for this mod! Installed on my smf 2.0.5

Works well for external links and internal forum links, but there is a problem with other internal links.

I'm not sure is it a bag or feature, but all www.[mysite].com links are getting nofollow too. Forum is in a subfolder (www.[mysite].com/forum) and these links are fine, without the nofollow.

Is there a way to fix this?

Neo_TE

As per the current codes, only the forum links will get [iurl] and all other links will get "no follow". Ill try to fix that when I find time.

Biology Forums

Quote from: xPandax on October 26, 2013, 12:17:53 AM
As per the current codes, only the forum links will get [iurl] and all other links will get "no follow". Ill try to fix that when I find time.

xPandax, don't forget the 1.x request! Thanks.

radu81

sorry for my bad english

hadesflames

In my opinion, any edit, no matter how small, that does anything should be packaged up as a mod. This eases the admin's work when upgrading forum, installing themes, etc. So the customization team's decision on this is ridiculous to say the least.

Arantor

The decision was subsequently changed. Even one line mods are permitted (as evidenced by the publication of one minimod of mine)

SirLouen

Would be interesting if we could put selective nofollow tags to certain URL or the other way, exclusivity to certain URL without URL

Neo_TE

Quote from: SirLouen on February 23, 2014, 05:07:06 AM
Would be interesting if we could put selective nofollow tags to certain URL or the other way, exclusivity to certain URL without URL

That's not possible with the current code.

And the feature you are asking for is highly dynamic and it would require lots of codes (atleast with my current php knowledge) which I can't do as of now.

Neo_TE

Quote from: hadesflames on January 06, 2014, 08:12:47 PM
In my opinion, any edit, no matter how small, that does anything should be packaged up as a mod. This eases the admin's work when upgrading forum, installing themes, etc. So the customization team's decision on this is ridiculous to say the least.

Quote from: Arantor on January 06, 2014, 08:13:59 PM
The decision was subsequently changed. Even one line mods are permitted (as evidenced by the publication of one minimod of mine)

Thanks for the info., ill PM the mod team again and ask them if my mod will be approved now.  :D

punchy

Ok I had this mod installed and nothing seems to happen, I checked in the subs.php and all is there but when i add a link to a post and then view it it stays the same likewise when an rss feed adds to the thread, theres nothing added on?

Am i doing something wrong??  :o

Neo_TE

Quote from: punchy on March 09, 2014, 10:47:42 AM
Ok I had this mod installed and nothing seems to happen, I checked in the subs.php and all is there but when i add a link to a post and then view it it stays the same likewise when an rss feed adds to the thread, theres nothing added on?

Am i doing something wrong??  :o

Instructions are available in the first post to check if this tip/trick is working properly. :)

This mod is now approved & is available in the mod site for download in this link, http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3767.

Please use this theme's support thread for further discussions, http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=519432.0.

If you are using this tip/trick then please use the mod from the mod site. Thanks.

sangham.net

Congaratulations!

Btw, most respected generous Panda: here also the original of the Quote you have in your Avatar (it might transport more that this usual "fake")

QuotePhenomena are   preceded by the heart,
   ruled by the heart,
   made of the heart.
If you speak or act
with a corrupted heart,
then suffering follows you —
as the wheel of the cart,
   the track of the ox
   that pulls it.

Phenomena are  preceded by the heart,
   ruled by the heart,
   made of the heart.
If you speak or act
with a calm, bright heart,
then happiness follows you,
like a shadow
   that never leaves.

Dhammapada 1-2

Heart means also tendency, innermost decline.

Neo_TE

Quote from: Johann B on March 13, 2014, 04:43:45 AM

Congaratulations!

Btw, most respected generous Panda: here also the original of the Quote you have in your Avatar (it might transport more that this usual "fake")

Heart means also tendency, innermost decline.

Yes, thank you very much. And yes I have read in some websites that the quote is fake but a lot of websites say that its real and the exact quote was lost in translation.

And also adding to that, that quote has been 100% right in my life. Some people call it law of attraction (I guess you would have already heard of that).

Since you are into spiritual stuff, I recommend this video for you. Its has scientific proof of spiritual teaching lost in translation. :)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuW7e1yCVvc

May the force be with you! :P

sangham.net

Does thinking make you suffering?   :) Of course you can develop beautiful thought - garlands but... they will decay.

There is no such thing as "force". There is "just" right or wrong effort:)

And its not a bad news. It's just up to the taste of the right cookie that it becomes a lasting right effort.

"but a lot of..." that is a good indication of wrong (not well explained  ;) just the normal world going on.

Irisado

Locked by request of the mod author.  Please read the first post for information on where to comment on this mod from now on.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: