News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How to ?

Started by Spuddie, September 07, 2013, 04:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spuddie

Hi All,

I'm just wondering is there any way that I can make my site invisible to members for as long as I wish ? I have my reasons and I'd also like to be able to have a message come up when members or guests try to login or view. So, in other words, if anyone tries to bring up auscichlids.com on the internet, nothing other than the message will show. If possible, I would still like to be able to view the site myself.  Any help would be much appreciated and thank you.

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Spuddie

Thanks for your reply emanuele and that's exactly what I was after.   :)

Spuddie

Hi all, could someone please click onto my forum and tell me what you see ? Maybe even a screenshot if you don't mind ?  :)   I just want to know if you see anything different to what I see as Admin. Even when I log out, I still see the same thing.   ???   Any help much appreciated.

www.auscichlids.com

Burke ♞ Knight

Just use a different browser, or log off.

Spuddie

Hi BurkeKnight, I have logged off but need to know what others can see. It's my first time trying this and I have noticed one of my mods showing online.  ???   I just don't get it and I wonder what he can see ?  I just need the forum to disappear for everyone else for a short time excepting me of course. Is it just something to do with my ip ? So frustrating.

Burke ♞ Knight

If you log off, you see what everyone else sees.
We can not see anything more than the main page with the maintenance mode message and login box.

As for your Mod, I'm not sure what is with that, because I always thought only Administrators could log into site while in Maint. Mode.

Illori

Quote from: BurkeKnight on October 05, 2013, 07:02:16 AM
As for your Mod, I'm not sure what is with that, because I always thought only Administrators could log into site while in Maint. Mode.
that is true but i think if a user has selected to always stay logged in, they may look like they are logged in but be shown the log in page due to maintenance mode. but there is a mod to allow others to enter when in maintenance mode.

Spuddie

Quote from: BurkeKnight on October 05, 2013, 07:02:16 AM

Once again, thanks mate and that's what I needed to know. But as for my quote, I'm still confused as much as you are.

Drunken Clam

BTW You really should update to 2.0.5   ;)

Tavsih

It looks like this for forum members :

Spuddie

Hi all and sorry for the late reply, been caught up with work. Like usual, you guys/gals are awesome for helping out !   :) 

Drunken Clam, I agree that I'm due for the update and will get onto that as soon as.   ;)

Tavsih, thanks so much for your screen shot ! I always wonder what others can see. This was a great help and much appreciated.  8)

I've since pm'd a moderator and this person could only see what you all could see.

Thanks again all.   :)

Advertisement: