News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

phpbb to smf open_basedir error

Started by Nexus5, September 07, 2013, 08:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nexus5

So, had the latest installation of phpbb (3.0.11) installed and I decided I wanted to try smf, so I managed the installation just fine, everything running perfectly well. Upload the convert script and I get the open_basedir error.

QuoteThe converter detected that your host has open_basedir enabled on this server. Please ask your host to disable this setting or try moving the contents of your phpBB3 to the public html folder of your site.

Had a look on here and a Google, and apart from one person whom said they had the error then edited their post to say they had fixed it (without informing the rest of the populous how they managed to resolve it..) I've not seen a fix anywhere. (Or maybe I'm just not searching in the right places..

Any help would be most welcome.

I thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you shortly.

Nexus5

Ok my host unlocked the "open_basedir" for me, but now I have a new issue:

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB3. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'smf'@'localhost' for table 'phpbb_users'

Anyone know what this means? Or even better, how I go about resolving the issue?

Once again, thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you shortly.

Nexus5

Finally got there in the end.

When you install SMF, install it to the same database as your phpBB installation is.

Once that's done, you'll have no issues.

DanesDK

I get the same problem, and my smf database is installed the same place/name as the phpbb3 was.

Rumpa

Quote from: DanesDK on September 27, 2014, 03:46:36 AM
I get the same problem, and my smf database is installed the same place/name as the phpbb3 was.

This topic marked solve. so everyone avoid it.

So better create a separate topic with your problem.

LiroyvH

I'm curious why this would trigger a open_basedir error if it's under the same username/account.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Advertisement: