Banner Ad Upload

Started by Lovejist, September 07, 2013, 09:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

How about trying Filezilla? That's easy enough to use.

Lovejist

I have been able to use the Fillezilla to place banner ads on my site. I appreciate your help immensely.

However, I want to be able to place top and bottom banners side by side and several banners by the sides all showing at the same time. I wish to use small block banners each standing below and on top of the other. The side banner I placed is hanging on top of the page. Besides, I would like to pace another below it.  How do I bring it down? Please open my site at http://www.lovejist.com to see what I mean.

Thanks

kat

Now that we've got to the stage that we're at, these questions would be best asked in the mod's support topic. As far as I know, you can configure it to show ads in all sorts of places. Places that would make people, like me, close the page as soon as I saw it, to be honest, because they'd be too cluttered.

So, perhaps you'd like to ask, here, about how to position your ads:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=68632.0

DarkT3rror

Quote from: K@ on September 08, 2013, 02:30:21 PM
How about trying Filezilla? That's easy enough to use.

the filezilla is only to transfer files from your machine to your hoster.... There's nothing compatible with that guy's request...

@Lovejist

If you want to add ad banners, just enable news and add your banners there.

Admin>Configuration>Current Theme>Show news fader on board index:  and you click the box to enable the news fader in board index. After that you just have to put the image code with the url of your chosen image upload server and your advertise is the same as you request it.

Kindred

DarkT3rror,

I would suggest that you try reading the entire thread rather than jumping in with a poor suggestion that really doesn't answer the actual question (or take into account the conversation that the thread has encompassed). We know exactly what FTP is used for and we have instructed Lovejist to use it correctly to fulfill he desired result.

Lovejist,

I suggest that you continue on as we have suggested and ignore what DarkT3rror has said.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

Quote from: DarkT3rror on September 09, 2013, 07:21:17 AMthe filezilla is only to transfer files from your machine to your hoster.... There's nothing compatible with that guy's request...

Sorry. But, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Filezilla can create directories, change the file attributes and all sorts of other things, too.

I suggest you get it, use it and familiarise yourself with what it can do. It's not my first choice, for an FTP client. But, for a freebie, it's extremely useful.

Advertisement: