Moderation Center and warning.

Started by eric1234, September 07, 2013, 01:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric1234

1. How can I set that whenever a member report a topics or a posts, other members will not be able to report the same topics or posts again?

2. How can I set that without setting any members as a moderator to a particular boards, the admins and others will still be able to receive a report from member?

3. I knew that there are 'Preferences' in the moderation center which allow members to set their personal preferences, but i would like to make it, i as the admin who set the preference to all the other moderators as well as global moderators.

Besides that, i would like the moderation center mainly focus on handling the reports and watched members, therefore, i would like to remove the 'Membergroups' and 'Preference' tab at the top menu.

Can I know how to do it?

Thank you very much

Arantor

1. There's no way to do that without rewriting a ton of code.

2. For people to see reported posts, they need to be either board moderators or global moderators.

3. Why can't people have their own preferences for what they want to look at? I use that on every install to turn off things I'm not interested in, like the 'news from simplemachines.org' area...

In short everything you want to do requires varying degrees of code change, none of them are particularly quick.

eric1234

erm ok.

Do you mean that admins cant see the reported post? Because in my test forum, i try to report a post and unable to report due to nobody are assigns as that particular board moderator

Arantor

Report a post or report a PM?

Admins are implicitly moderators of everything everywhere.

See, by your logic, no-one would be able to report posts in, say, this board because there are no board moderators -but that's clearly not true.

eric1234

Quote from: Arantor on September 07, 2013, 01:18:59 PM
Report a post or report a PM?

Admins are implicitly moderators of everything everywhere.

See, by your logic, no-one would be able to report posts in, say, this board because there are no board moderators -but that's clearly not true.
Report a post
When normal member click it will leads to this error

An Error Has Occurred!
No moderators found!

Arantor

That makes me think you have something very strange in your group configuration, like no-one in the regular administrators group, and no-one with any permission to actually moderate... like no-one in any group has either moderate-forum or moderate-board permissions.

eric1234

Yeah so far only i alone managing the forum. The forum still small lol...

so that is the problem?

Arantor

That's not what I meant. I think you've done something strange like moved yourself out of the proper moderator group.

eric1234

Quote from: Arantor on September 09, 2013, 12:22:12 PM
That's not what I meant. I think you've done something strange like moved yourself out of the proper moderator group.
Eh serious? Then how to make myself back?

Arantor

Do you have someone inside the master administrator group?

Do me a favour, go to the permissions area. How many people are listed in the master administrator group? (In the list of groups in the permissions area, it has guests, then regular members, then administrators. How many members are listed there?)

eric1234

1 member which is me.

That master admin only got 3 permissions.  :-X

I also create a new admin membergroup . I don't want account got delete in the future.

Arantor

It actually says you have 3 permissions, does it? Small wonder it's broken. God knows what's happened to it to screw it up like that then.

Right, time to fix that in the database. You'll need to edit both smf_permissions and smf_board_permissions and remove any row where id_group is listed as 1.

eric1234

Quote from: Arantor on September 09, 2013, 12:32:52 PM
It actually says you have 3 permissions, does it? Small wonder it's broken. God knows what's happened to it to screw it up like that then.

Right, time to fix that in the database. You'll need to edit both smf_permissions and smf_board_permissions and remove any row where id_group is listed as 1.
I see. Can you provide step by step to fix it? Really sorry for the trouble and thank you so much >.<

Arantor

I can't really give you a better step by step than that, to be honest.

eric1234

er..where can i access smf_permissions and smf_board_permissions?

Arantor

From phpMyAdmin, they're in the database.

eric1234

Quote from: Arantor on September 09, 2013, 12:53:12 PM
From phpMyAdmin, they're in the database.
er.. is smf_<databasename>board_permission right?

the same goes to smf_<databasename>permission

the id_group only remove 1 and not -1 right?

Arantor

Um, no, the database name and the database prefix are different things.

Normally inside the database the tables all have names that start with smf_ but it varies between installs, in case you're running multiple forums in a single database.

And yes, only remove 1, not -1.

eric1234

if only smf

i cant find  smf_permissions

only able to find smf_boards_permissions

Arantor

Let me guess, you have a table called smf_boards_admin_info_files?

eric1234

Quote from: Arantor on September 09, 2013, 01:56:38 PM
Let me guess, you have a table called smf_boards_admin_info_files?
actually there are 2 pages >.< I didn't realizes that

i checked both of it and deleted the "1" . seem like SMF quiz is causing the prob.

Not sure. Let me check that

Erm, the problem still not yet solve.

eric1234

Nope, don't have  smf_boards_admin_info_files

Arantor

I don't think that matters, the point of asking was to figure out what the prefix was, but if you found two tables, smf_board_permissions and smf_permissions, and removed the rows... does it work to report a post?

eric1234

Quote from: Arantor on September 09, 2013, 02:18:14 PM
I don't think that matters, the point of asking was to figure out what the prefix was, but if you found two tables, smf_board_permissions and smf_permissions, and removed the rows... does it work to report a post?
Nope, it doesn't work.

There are no '1' in smf_board_permissions. Checked all 30+ pages

There are a few '1' in smf_permissions. Checked all 9 pages (if i remember correctly haha)

Arantor

I didn't entirely expect there to be any for smf_board_permissions, but there were some in the main permissions table.

So does the permissions page now say that the admin has all permissions?

eric1234

Quote from: Arantor on September 09, 2013, 02:35:43 PM
I didn't entirely expect there to be any for smf_board_permissions, but there were some in the main permissions table.

So does the permissions page now say that the admin has all permissions?

Yeah.. now has all permissions :)

Then the report problem :(

Arantor

Are you trying to report your own posts or using a non admin account to try reporting them?

eric1234

Quote from: Arantor on September 09, 2013, 03:05:06 PM
Are you trying to report your own posts or using a non admin account to try reporting them?
using non admin account to try to report them.

Arantor

I don't know then. Something is very broken in your installation but I have no idea what it is that has happened to it, sorry.

eric1234

Quote from: Arantor on September 09, 2013, 03:10:46 PM
I don't know then. Something is very broken in your installation but I have no idea what it is that has happened to it, sorry.
Is ok. Really thank you very much for your help.

Erm.. shall i open a new thread with this issue?

eric1234

is it possible that it was caused by a mod?

Advertisement: