News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

No moderators found!

Started by eric1234, September 09, 2013, 03:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric1234

When i use my normal member account as well as Administrator to click report a moderator link
It will leads to a page to type my reason then when i click report. It will came out with this error :(

An Error Has Occurred!
No moderators found!

Burke ♞ Knight

Could be because you have no moderators set up.
However, it should still work, as Admin would get it...

Illori

in this case continuing with your last thread may be of more help then making a new thread.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=510830.0

eric1234

Quote from: BurkeKnight on September 09, 2013, 04:00:13 PM
Could be because you have no moderators set up.
However, it should still work, as Admin would get it...
That is what makes Arantor wondering about :(

Quote from: Illori on September 09, 2013, 04:01:38 PM
in this case continuing with your last thread may be of more help then making a new thread.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=510830.0

ok.. I am sorry for that.

Illori

your other thread has a lot of information that you may need to duplicate here if you are to get a solution.

the easiest way is to just start over, sounds like there is a mess somewhere and only the very technical [like arantor] may have any idea on how to fix it.

eric1234

Quote from: Illori on September 09, 2013, 04:18:14 PM
your other thread has a lot of information that you may need to duplicate here if you are to get a solution.

the easiest way is to just start over, sounds like there is a mess somewhere and only the very technical [like arantor] may have any idea on how to fix it.
erm..how to start over? By starting over mean need to re-install all the mods and so on again?

Mick.

I don't know how your setup is but did you appointed certain members to be global mods?

I may be wrong and usually am but I don't think board mods have access to moderating options?

Illori

reinstalling from scratch with a new database etc

also mick that would be up to permissions but in the other thread not even the admin is being seen as a moderator which they are by default.

eric1234

Quote from: Mick. on September 09, 2013, 04:32:11 PM
I don't know how your setup is but did you appointed certain members to be global mods?

I may be wrong and usually am but I don't think board mods have access to moderating options?
so far only i alone handling the forum, therefore, no mods or global moderator.

Quote from: Illori on September 09, 2013, 04:33:31 PM
reinstalling from scratch with a new database etc

also mick that would be up to permissions but in the other thread not even the admin is being seen as a moderator which they are by default.
Means i will lost all the topics, posts and members?  :'(

Illori

yes but that will for sure fix your issue.

only other thing that comes up in a search is to make sure that your user is set to receive the emails from the reports in the moderation center, although i am not sure that will fix your issue.

eric1234

Quote from: Illori on September 09, 2013, 04:41:03 PM
yes but that will for sure fix your issue.

only other thing that comes up in a search is to make sure that your user is set to receive the emails from the reports in the moderation center, although i am not sure that will fix your issue.
>.<

is it possible that it was caused by a mod?

Illori

margarett

I just tested in my test board: 1 admin, 4 regular users, no moderators.
I can send a report (actually I can't because I have no mailserver in my sandbox :P ) so it's not a problem of not having moderators. Admins are always moderators...

I'm sorry, Illori, but I don't think restart from scratch is be best advice. In the worse scenario, you start with a fresh set of files but keeping your database. You lose MODs, themes, etc, but that can be recovered. Members and content is not that easy...

From you other topic, you have something messed up in your database, it seems. That could make things harder :P

I was tracking where that error comes from. Going the other way around it should be possible to identify what is missing.
SendTopic.php, there is this

// Get a list of members with the moderate_board permission.
require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Members.php');
$moderators = membersAllowedTo('moderate_board', $board);

Again, in this setup with no moderators, my test admin always show in the list of user allowed to moderate any board... That "$moderators" array always returns my admin ID
Worth to try? IMO it's better than to lose everything...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

right a restart is not the best advice, but no one has a solution in the other threads on this issue in the past.

eric1234

Quote from: margarett on September 09, 2013, 06:03:01 PM
I just tested in my test board: 1 admin, 4 regular users, no moderators.
I can send a report (actually I can't because I have no mailserver in my sandbox :P ) so it's not a problem of not having moderators. Admins are always moderators...

I'm sorry, Illori, but I don't think restart from scratch is be best advice. In the worse scenario, you start with a fresh set of files but keeping your database. You lose MODs, themes, etc, but that can be recovered. Members and content is not that easy...

From you other topic, you have something messed up in your database, it seems. That could make things harder :P

I was tracking where that error comes from. Going the other way around it should be possible to identify what is missing.
SendTopic.php, there is this

// Get a list of members with the moderate_board permission.

Again, in this setup with no moderators, my test admin always show in the list of user allowed to moderate any board... That "$moderators" array always returns my admin ID
Worth to try? IMO it's better than to lose everything...
so i just need to check that particular code in the SendTopic.php?

margarett

Not really, there's much more to it :P
Now, is it worth it or are you comfortable with starting over?
We basically need to set some debug code trough your files to see what's going on. Tomorrow I come back to this.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

eric1234

Quote from: margarett on September 09, 2013, 10:10:09 PM
Not really, there's much more to it :P
Now, is it worth it or are you comfortable with starting over?
We basically need to set some debug code trough your files to see what's going on. Tomorrow I come back to this.
It is really worth a try. I don't wanna lost all the topics, posts and members. I will have a headache in giving an explanation to my members worst the downfall of my forum :(

I have been having nightmare on this last night.

margarett

If I found your forum correctly (from your last posts) you have:
13867 Posts in 2923 Topics by 486 Members.

Okay then.
We will do a series of tests to try and track where does the permissions fail...

You need to edit some files, so I hope you're comfortable with that :) ALWAYS BACKUP, you will need to restore pretty much everything when done...
Sources/Display.php
find:

// Load the proper template and/or sub template.
if (WIRELESS)
$context['sub_template'] = WIRELESS_PROTOCOL . '_display';
else
loadTemplate('Display');

add after:

if ($context['user']['id'] == 1)
{
echo '<pre><span style="color:red">List of users: <br>';
print_r ($moderators);
echo '</span></pre>';
}

Adjust your user ID (if is not 1) in that "if" and this will show, just to you, a list of permitted users in the top left of your browser, when you are viewing a topic, like in attachment.
Let us know what is your result.

eric1234

Quote from: margarett on September 10, 2013, 05:04:11 AM
If I found your forum correctly (from your last posts) you have:
13867 Posts in 2923 Topics by 486 Members.

Okay then.
We will do a series of tests to try and track where does the permissions fail...

You need to edit some files, so I hope you're comfortable with that :) ALWAYS BACKUP, you will need to restore pretty much everything when done...
Sources/Display.php
find:

// Load the proper template and/or sub template.
if (WIRELESS)
$context['sub_template'] = WIRELESS_PROTOCOL . '_display';
else
loadTemplate('Display');

add after:

if ($context['user']['id'] == 1)
{
echo '<pre><span style="color:red">List of users: <br>';
print_r ($moderators);
echo '</span></pre>';
}

Adjust your user ID (if is not 1) in that "if" and this will show, just to you, a list of permitted users in the top left of your browser, when you are viewing a topic, like in attachment.
Let us know what is your result.
OMG you not gonna believe this. I just assign 1 member as global moderator. Basically, that member is my another account. And I use my admin account to make a report on another member post. It works ! 

I gonna test it more before i mark this topic as solve.

Erm..i came back from University and I saw your message but then I already got an idea of what IF assigning a member as global mod, will that solve the problem? SO I try it and it works for now.. i need to fully test it 1st.

Thank you so much in advance.

Illori

but that does not fix why your admin account is not seen as a moderator as it should be. you should not need to use a ghost account to be a global moderator.

Advertisement: