News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

No moderators found!

Started by eric1234, September 09, 2013, 03:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric1234

Quote from: margarett on September 10, 2013, 02:05:43 PM
Now those were large minutes :P

OK, now we need to move to another file. You can remove or comment out those lines from Display.php

You should go to Sources/SendTopic.php
Find:
// Get a list of members with the moderate_board permission.
require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Members.php');
$moderators = membersAllowedTo('moderate_board', $board);

Add after:
echo '<pre><span style="color:red">List of users: <br>';
print_r ($moderators);
echo '</span></pre>';
fatal_lang_error('no_mods', false);

Please note that I am forcing the "no moderators" error message here but it doesn't matter for now, as we just want to see that information in your top left corner ;)
Again, report a post with your test user and let us know what shows up.
use my test user to report a normal member posts. After writing the comment, it shows this

List of users:
Array
(
    [0] => 1
)

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

eric1234

Quote from: margarett on September 10, 2013, 02:30:54 PM
And my last post?
missed the post :X

My test user setting is, Moderation only if I started the topic.

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

eric1234

Quote from: margarett on September 10, 2013, 02:44:37 PM
Nop, your admin user.
my admin user the setting is at "Nothing at all"

eric1234

Illori

Quote from: eric1234 on September 10, 2013, 03:04:08 PM
Quote from: margarett on September 10, 2013, 02:44:37 PM
Nop, your admin user.
erm, is this the reason?

i really doubt it as that is a setting to send you an email if someone does a moderation action on a thread you started not having anything to do with people sending in moderation reports.

margarett

Actually it is.

Again, I'm not in front of the computer but later I can show you.
The query that triggers the error message you are having is something like:
"select users than can moderate this board AND whose "notification type" is different from 4"
4 is actually this "nothing at all" option that your admin has selected.

Illori

i think that would refer to the settings in the moderation center to not get an email not per user settings to get emails on actions on threads you started.

margarett

Nope, it's really the per user setting. I tested in my test board where only 1 admin exists. If I choose it this "option 4", my test users also got that "no moderators" error. I put it to other than 4 and I can report posts ;)
Looking at the query is really really clear. That's how I got to it, when testing the edits I was proposing in SendTopic.php

When I go back to the computer I explain ;)

Illori

strange... really strange. that IMO is a bug. i can duplicate it but that should not work that way.

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/606

eric1234

Seem like my issues has let you guys found a bug :) This can further improve future version of SMF  :)

changed the admin profile to Replies and Moderation , the errors still exist.

margarett

Now you have to remove or comment that piece that I told you to add in SendTopic

eric1234

Quote from: margarett on September 11, 2013, 02:05:51 AM
Now you have to remove or comment that piece that I told you to add in SendTopic

ok then? :)

margarett

eric1234

Quote from: margarett on September 11, 2013, 06:03:32 AM
You tell me :P
Is it ok?
Yeah it works. But how come??? O.O

I thought u asking me to included those codes for determining whether the system recognize me as admin or not.

But i dun get it, how come the problem solve?

margarett

Have a look at my "conversation" with Illori ;)

In short: you only have one moderator listed to receive the notification (your admin) but that user says he doesn't want any moderation motification. Therefore, there are no moderators ;)
When you changed that setting I pointed you, your admin is now available to receive notifications and your error is gone ;)

If you are ok with this, please mark this topic solved ;)

eric1234

Quote from: margarett on September 11, 2013, 11:02:15 AM
Have a look at my "conversation" with Illori ;)

In short: you only have one moderator listed to receive the notification (your admin) but that user says he doesn't want any moderation motification. Therefore, there are no moderators ;)
When you changed that setting I pointed you, your admin is now available to receive notifications and your error is gone ;)

If you are ok with this, please mark this topic solved ;)
Ermm.. ok.

Sorry, i got 2 more things. First, I cant seem to find the report when i report a person's profile in his profile itself.

2ndly, my forum kinda laggy and bulky and i have read through the 24things stuff. Is that any thing else i can improve? Could this be theme issue?

margarett

Nops, please mark this solved and open another topic for your other issues ;)

We'll continue to support you there

eric1234

Advertisement: