News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Forum is not sending emails to users!

Started by aaatechnologyservices, September 12, 2013, 03:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaatechnologyservices

Hello guys!

All things were okay with my forum but before 2 days the forum is not sending emails to users when they register their account on the forum and also not sending any emails to admin, I am using PHP Default. I have explored about the same on this site and on many other sites also but was not able to fix the same.

I have checked the forum as it is mentioned here http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Why_are_members_not_getting_emails_sent_from_the_forum  , by uploading testmail.php on server, it is working, i mean i got email when tried it.

I am using godaddy hosting and i have also contacted them, they said there is no problem on your server and everything is okay.

Please help me, my forum url is  http://aaatechnologyservices.com/forum [nofollow] .

I hope we will sort out the problem soon.

Thanks in advance !!!
SEO Services [nofollow]

Ricky.

1. Is there hourly limit of email you can send out from Godaddy ?
2. Enable mail queue and see if you find any clue there..

Lastly, you may see server log to know what exactly happened to mails sent from your account (generally only server admin can see them).

aaatechnologyservices

1- There is no limit as much as i know.
2- Let me go with mail queue.

Thanks , but I am not getting any error in forum error log.
SEO Services [nofollow]

Kindred

there is a problem with godaddy...

I admin one site runningon godaddy and we have noticed that admins get ntified of new users almost right away.
However, thread post and PM notifications can take anywhere from 2 hours to 2 months to get sent...   (we literally have had people get notifications of a new post made to a thread for a post made 2 months ago)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aaatechnologyservices

@Ricky. -- i am unable to find any clue with mail queue.

@Kindred -- Forum is not sending any email neither users nor admin, no email by the forum.

Thanks for replying. What is the problem i can't understand?
SEO Services [nofollow]

Illori

is your forum set to send email smtp or php mail?

aaatechnologyservices

SEO Services [nofollow]

Ricky.

Quote from: Kindred on September 12, 2013, 03:47:47 PM
  (we literally have had people get notifications of a new post made to a thread for a post made 2 months ago)
That is what I mean, they may have throttling system and even if no limit (I see they have 250 emails limit daily on normal account).
http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/2949/workspace-email-account-limitations
I can be wrong though.

Other solution is you may try SMTP mail , may be gmail or something to test (though gmail has I think 500 mail per day limit).

aaatechnologyservices

Quote from: Ricky. on September 12, 2013, 04:05:39 PM
Quote from: Kindred on September 12, 2013, 03:47:47 PM
  (we literally have had people get notifications of a new post made to a thread for a post made 2 months ago)
That is what I mean, they may have throttling system and even if no limit (I see they have 250 emails limit daily on normal account).
http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/2949/workspace-email-account-limitations [nofollow]
I can be wrong though.

Other solution is you may try SMTP mail , may be gmail or something to test (though gmail has I think 500 mail per day limit).

Thanks for this one, How to set up SMTP gmail ?
SEO Services [nofollow]

aaatechnologyservices

SMTP is also not working, what do i need to do next? I think something is wrong with my forum.
SEO Services [nofollow]

Ricky.

aaatechnologyservices

I also think the same,
thanks all of you for helping me,
i have nothing to do with godaddy because they have said there is no problem with server.
SEO Services [nofollow]

Zirkon

I had the same problem with GoDaddy some time ago. I'm assuming your on there shared hosting plan.

They will play all sorts of games with you to try and get you into a more expensive plan. The best thing you can do is find a more reputable host... all my server issues vanished instantly the second I ditched GoDaddy. And my mail system has been working flawlessly.

When I left GoDaddy...I started with GrayWebHost... then transferred over to CoreISP when they bought them out. No major problems since. My sites seemed to grow quicker too with the move. All the members noticed a nice increase in page load speed and function.

Many of these hosts will even move all your files over for you making the transition painless with no worries.

aaatechnologyservices

I think the same but it would not be easy for me to leave Godaddy.
SEO Services [nofollow]

aaatechnologyservices

Problem has been solved that was with godaddy.

Thanks for yours help!
SEO Services [nofollow]

Advertisement: