[WIP/Experiment] FlatLine

Started by TwitchisMental, September 15, 2013, 12:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

First post updated with the latest version of both blue and red.

iMiKK

TwitchisMental

Quote from: iMikk on September 28, 2013, 12:48:15 AM
this theme is really cool.  ;)
Thank you, first post updated with green variant.

busterone

I like what I see so far.  Is this going to be a free or premium theme and is there an estimate on when it might be final? No rush is intended, I am just curious and would love to try it out when it is available.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: busterone on September 28, 2013, 03:15:42 PM
I like what I see so far.  Is this going to be a free or premium theme and is there an estimate on when it might be final? No rush is intended, I am just curious and would love to try it out when it is available.
Like all of my public themes, it will be 100% free and open source. I release all of my public themes under the MIT/X11 license.

I do all of my web designs in my free time for fun, so I cannot give a release date.

I can always whip up an open beta package for anyone who wants to try it now and give their input.

busterone

That would be great. I will certainly try it out myself.  :)

TwitchisMental

Quote from: busterone on September 28, 2013, 04:02:14 PM
That would be great. I will certainly try it out myself.  :)
Beta Attached to first post

busterone

Thanks. I will get it installed sometime tonight.  :)

TwitchisMental

Quote from: busterone on September 28, 2013, 04:22:05 PM
Thanks. I will get it installed sometime tonight.  :)
Don't forget to report any bugs you find :).

TwitchisMental

Sorry for the double post,but I am wondering what other colors I should do.

As of now I have red,blue,green, and working on purple. I was thinking about adding orange and maybe like an off green.

busterone

Maybe black with light text.  I have a lot of dark theme lovers in my forum.

busterone

I have found no bugs in the areas that normal users have access to.  I have several members using it and if they find any they will screenshot it and report it to me. I added 3 screenshots from the admin area for a few minor glitches I did find.
The menu item text color in the first image is white and virtually invisible.  In the second image, if I hover the mouse over an item, it then displays correctly, except at the bottom of the drop down. Notice some of the items in the drop down are not there. However, in the 3rd image, if I hover over the invisible items, they then display correctly.
Overall, I am pleased with it as it already is. :)

TwitchisMental

Ahh yes the admin menu, I did forget to adjust those.. Thank you for the report.

busterone

I missed this little bug, but it is a simple one.  :)
for every forum action this error is produced.

Undefined index: gototop
File: /xxxxxxxxxx/Themes/flatline/index.template.php
Line: 330

I temporarily fixed it on my forum by adding this to /Themes/default/languages/index.english.php
$txt['gototop'] = 'Go To Top';

TwitchisMental

Quote from: busterone on October 02, 2013, 10:10:38 PM
I missed this little bug, but it is a simple one.  :)
for every forum action this error is produced.

Undefined index: gototop
File: /xxxxxxxxxx/Themes/flatline/index.template.php
Line: 330

I temporarily fixed it on my forum by adding this to /Themes/default/languages/index.english.php
$txt['gototop'] = 'Go To Top';

Yes I have yet to add any custom language files yet, this will be fixed.

TwitchisMental

Just to let everyone know I am still working on this, I have just been busy. I have about 5 color variations now.

busterone

Bigguy

Move it down to the menu bar or just below. I think that would be more convenient. Very nice lookin theme. :)

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Bigguy on October 11, 2013, 08:12:05 PM
Move it down to the menu bar or just below. I think that would be more convenient. Very nice lookin theme. :)
I assume you are talking about the color switcher?

Advertisement: