News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Failed to uninstall

Started by robbie93, September 15, 2013, 06:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbie93

Hi everyone, does anybody know what facebook - twitter mod this is that has failed to uninstall, thank you.

Colin

I am afraid not from that screen shot. What was the functionality?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

robbie93

Hi, Colin,  It looks like this at the top of the forum.

mashby

When did you uninstall it? I have to assume there were errors during uninstall? Might you have a backup where you might be able to determine the name of it?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

robbie93

I just looked through my back ups and it isn't any of them I was hoping somebody here might recognise the mod, oh well thanks anyway.

kat

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=social;bool=and;asc;start=10

Any of those?

Is there anything in Packages/Backups that might give you a clue?

Did it uninstall from the default theme?

robbie93

Hi k@ Thanks for the link it isnt one of those though, I have looked everywhere, I'm gonna have a looksy underneath the carpet in a while, oh well no big deal, hope your keeping well matey.

lurkalot

Are the social buttons added by the theme?  Admin > Configuration > Current theme.   See if there is text boxes to add your social networks.

robbie93

Hi lurkalot,  Yes there added in current theme but the text is missing ATM there are text boxes there to add your social networks, I just need to know what mod it is.

kat

Did you check in the Packages/Backups directory? There may be a clue, with an archive named "<date> before <name of mod>" there.

Colin

Quote from: robbie93 on September 15, 2013, 08:26:23 PM
I just looked through my back ups and it isn't any of them I was hoping somebody here might recognise the mod, oh well thanks anyway.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

kat

Just checking that he wasn't referring to backups HE'S taken, rather than stuff in that directory, Col. ;)

Colin

Good point K@. I reckon, after reading that second time, he is referring to backups he has taken.

Colin

bdh

Quote from: robbie93 on September 17, 2013, 11:46:02 AM
Hi lurkalot,  Yes there added in current theme but the text is missing ATM there are text boxes there to add your social networks, I just need to know what mod it is.

Can you just uncheck the box that says "Enable Social Icons:?"

robbie93

Yes I unchecked it to disable the mod but I just wanted to know what mod it was so I could see the code and use it to uninstall it, because there is some text missing in the admin section.

lurkalot

Quote from: robbie93 on September 21, 2013, 07:13:34 PM
Yes I unchecked it to disable the mod but I just wanted to know what mod it was so I could see the code and use it to uninstall it, because there is some text missing in the admin section.

The point is, if the social icons are part of the theme, they will be installed as part of the theme. Not a mod via package manager.  Look at the theme files, or ask the theme author for help, if this is the case.

robbie93

QuoteThe point is, if the social icons are part of the theme, they will be installed as part of the theme. Not a mod via package manager.  Look at the theme files, or ask the theme author for help, if this is the case.

Thanks, I just asked the question to the theme author, I didnt realise it could be part of the theme by default.

lurkalot

A lot of themes add this kind of stuff. BlackStorm included.  Though it looks like you have modified the theme somewhat compared to the original. Perhaps that's why you're having problems with it.

Here's a screenshot from a fresh install of it.

robbie93

I was missing the file ThemeStrings.english.php so I added it and all is good now,  thanks again for your help lurkalot and for pointing me in the right direction, I'll mark the topic solved.

Advertisement: