News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to change?

Started by [OG]Anirudh, September 17, 2013, 09:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[OG]Anirudh

How to change the forum home page?? like i want to upload this thing how can i?
http://og-clan.neq3.com/
i did it but it is giving error..

emanuele

What "thing" exactly you want to upload? ???

The link you posted uses SimplePortal, so if it is your site you can change the blocks from the admin panel (admin > simpleportal > blocks), when you create it you can specify in the "Display options" section, "Show block on" and select "portal".

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

[OG]Anirudh

Quote from: emanuele on September 17, 2013, 09:41:15 AM
What "thing" exactly you want to upload? ???

The link you posted uses SimplePortal, so if it is your site you can change the blocks from the admin panel (admin > simpleportal > blocks), when you create it you can specify in the "Display options" section, "Show block on" and select "portal".
i want it like tz.no1host.us or tz.no1host.us/home.html

emanuele

If you want the first you have to learn flash.
If you want the second you can put up a simple html page adding what you need (you can even check the code the site you linked is using to have an idea of how to do it).

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

[OG]Anirudh

i want second one and i have uploaded my html but what should i do to show it at og-clan.neq3.com not on og-clan.neq3.com/myhtml.html

kat

You're not making much sense, [OG]. You still haven't said what "this thing" is, that you want.

[OG]Anirudh

I have made a html page and i want it to show at og-clan.neq3.com not at og-clan.neq3.com/htmlpage.html

kat

When you install a portal, it makes the portal the homepage and moves the forum, itself, down a level.

That's what they're using, on that page. Simple Portal.

If you've created your own page, you could, perhaps, move your forum into a sub-directory and have your page as the one you go to, when you go to og-clan.neq3.com

(That's if I've even remotely understood what you're saying)

emanuele

[quote author=[OG]Anirudh link=topic=511279.msg3610127#msg3610127 date=1379496912]
i want second one and i have uploaded my html but what should i do to show it at og-clan.neq3.com not on og-clan.neq3.com/myhtml.html
[/quote]
If you want it at myhtml.html, name the file myhtml.html and put it in the root.
The problem is that when you point your browser to for example:
og-clan.neq3.com/
it is the same as:
og-clan.neq3.com/index.html
So you likely want to name it "index.html" so that it appears when people browse to the "index" of your home page. ;)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

[OG]Anirudh

Quote from: emanuele on September 18, 2013, 10:09:06 AM
[quote author=[OG]Anirudh link=topic=511279.msg3610127#msg3610127 date=1379496912]
If you want it at myhtml.html, name the file myhtml.html and put it in the root.
The problem is that when you point your browser to for example:
og-clan.neq3.com/
it is the same as:
og-clan.neq3.com/index.html
So you likely want to name it "index.html" so that it appears when people browse to the "index" of your home page. ;)
[/quote]
I did it but still it is opening that but after that i changed index.php to forum.php
then it worked but what link should i put
on that image so that i can open my forum ,  inserted this link http://og-clan.neq3.com/forum.php?action=forum it opened too but when i click on anything like help , search or any board it shows error

kat

Storman™

[OG]Anirudh - Not sure why you are messing around like this, just put that image and the 3 options on the front page of your simpleportal installation in a html block. Make the forum width 98% (or similar) and remove the side columns on that front page as well - that will moreorless make it look very similar to what you want.

And firstly get rid of Pretty Urls !!!!  The redirects are causing havok !

kat

Quote from: Storman™ on September 19, 2013, 06:18:04 AM

And firstly get rid of Pretty Urls !!!!  The redirects are causing havok !

Amen, to that.

[OG]Anirudh

kat

"it" being what?

Do you mean the tedious intro, which has got nothing, at all, to do with SMF and will need coding?

Do you mean the theme they're using, on the forum? http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2709

Or... what?

You're not giving us a lot to go on...

[OG]Anirudh

Ok leave that see this
i have done all the things i wanted to do after that you can see the images , by seeing the image i think you all will understand...

The problem is that when i click on any board or any thing it gives error...

Kindred

Wait....

So, you added an index.html file and then changes your index.php to be forum.php?

the first one, you MIGHT be able to get away with, although it is bad process - you should have moved your forum into a subdirectory and then had your root be the landing page by itself.

the second one is going to cause lots, lots and even more lots of issues all throughout your forum system....

you can't just cange the file name and assume things will work.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

And of course could have been avoided entirely by just using the forum and a portal mod to create a landing page.

[OG]Anirudh

Quote from: Kindred on September 23, 2013, 11:41:12 AM
Wait....

So, you added an index.html file and then changes your index.php to be forum.php?

the first one, you MIGHT be able to get away with, although it is bad process - you should have moved your forum into a subdirectory and then had your root be the landing page by itself.

the second one is going to cause lots, lots and even more lots of issues all throughout your forum system....

you can't just cange the file name and assume things will work.
Ok but what link should i paste for redirect by click on forum image directly to forums???

Advertisement: