News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Big Problem with smf :|

Started by Izzy007, September 19, 2013, 03:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

That file IS there. I can see it. :)

Izzy007

I'm getting nothing, except for a blank screen. I re-uploaded my Themes, and my paths are correct too. God, I don't know what's going on guys. Sorry.

kat

I'm getting the same. :(

Maybe this is a good time to let you know that you host is one of the crappier ones, I'm afraid.

I'm just gonna try and check that server setting, again. BRB.

Izzy007

Yeah... I know it is mate, but as i'm new to all of this, I don't know how to move my whole forum (Members, Topics, Posts, Portal etc.) to another host.

Kindred

Luckily for you, it's all pretty well spelled out in the Wiki/FAQ! :D
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Izzy007

:O It's back! How did you do it mate?! Thank you! Let's hope everything works fine now!

kat

Someone's messing around, or something.

The index.php file, in the root of your forum, is totally wrong.

It's the one that should be inside the "Themes" directory.

So, I renamed it to index0.php and put a virgin copy of the file, in it's place.

At first, I got "MySQL server has gone away".

But, the forum's back up, again, now. :)

Something will look odd, for a moment, coz I'm just going to try something...

Izzy007

Alright then, thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate it. Should I put the forum to "Available to all" so that you can check for any more errors mate?

margarett

It seems more or less obvious that someone is messing with your forum. Maybe a prank but I'm pretty sure you're hacked.
Read this
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=510918.0

Good luck.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Izzy007

I'll tell you this straight, I don't know if I already did but... yesterday I was trying to make a Intro page for my forum, everything was alright, then when I moved all of my forum to a folder called "forum" it just messed up, now when I click on the button "forum" in my forum it takes me to 000webhost.com homepage. I don't know what to do with this, but just to say.. I am sorry for the trouble.

Edit: Whenever I click on "Admin" or any other button, it doesn't show up as my theme, it's just black with text of the forum's content on the left side, and no portal anymore.. Home Button is the Forum with theme, Home used to be my portal. Now its the Forum. When I was supposed to click "Forum" My forum would load, now it's just messed up ffs..

kat

I can sort that, I think...

Quote from: Izzy007 on September 20, 2013, 03:53:44 PMShould I put the forum to "Available to all" so that you can check for any more errors mate?

I can only hope to fix the theme problem, if I have admin access.

If you don't mind sending me a PM, with your login details, I can take a butcher's at that.

Izzy007

Are you still working at it mate? Because I just wanted to ask if I can delete the repair_setting.php .. Read my edit from last message too please, I don't know what's going on with my forum.

kat

I am. But, I keep losing the bloody internet... :(

Izzy007

Ah crap.. Mate, if there's anything I could help you with, please let me know. As you know, i'm not really good with this stuff as you are, so thanks for helping me out mate.

Illori

i cant get the forum to load but is the theme in use one that is for the version of smf that is being used? sounds like a 1.1.* theme running on 2.0.

kat

I've switched to the default and that's screwy, too.

Working on it...

Izzy007

kat

AARGH! I'm really sorry. My connection keeps dying.

I'll take a look, again, in the morning.

Izzy007

It's no worries bro, thanks a lot for your effort, I really appreciate it. Where are you from by the way? UK? I'm from UK, London ^^ Good night pal.

kat

I've managed to switch you to the SMF default theme, so you can get in. It still doesn't look right, though.

I'll do what I can, in the morning. :)

I'm a way outside Manchester, now. Used to live in Southend, though. :)

Advertisement: