News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Fanfics System

Started by Tokzu, September 19, 2013, 07:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokzu

Link al mod

Fanfics System v1.3
by Kaero Webs

Demo || Support Forum || Online Manual || Changelog

Description
Fanfics System (or FFSystem) is a modification that adds a fanfiction (fictional stories written by fans) publishing system for Simple Machines Forum (or SMF).

Compatibility
FFSystem is compatible with SMF 2.0.X, any previous version is not supported.

Languages

• English
  • English-utf8
  • Spanish
  • Spanish-utf8
  • Spanish_latin
  • Spanish_latin-utf8

Features

• Use of integration hooks.
  • Permissions for usergroups: view fanfics, add fanfics, delete fanfics, fanfics are auto-approved, vote fanfics, admin fanfics.
  • Statistics (number of stories, chapters and authors).
  • Organization by categories and ratings.
  • Search system.
  • Use of BBC: Stories can be written using BBC for the convenience of those not familiar with HTML.
  • Ratings have age consent.
  • Views count.
  • Voting system: "Like".
  • Topic of discussion: link to the story's topic of discussion within the forum.
  • Chapters index.
  • Reading modes: individual chapter and all chapters.
  • Disclaimer: at the end of the stories appears a disclaimer.
  • Maintenance: the fanfics statistics are recounted.
  • If an user is deleted, their stories submitted are deleted too.

Need more features? Try Fanfics System Pro.

Installation Instructions
Any earlier version of FFSystem you have installed must be uninstalled first.

Another Libraries
Fanfics System works using:

Changelog v1.3 (30/07/2014)
Legend: !Bugfix +New -Removed *Modified
! Fixed problem with the uninstaller don't deleting the FanficsBasic.php file.
+ Added in the "About" page information about the last version of FFSystem and online manual info.

"I don't need a knight in a shinny armor, I need a angel in a trench coat"

My mods:

Kindred

Hi!

I have been waiting with bated breath for this mod to get approved. :)
I used to have a bridge to a story system... unfortunately, the bridge died with the smf upgrade and the system is now dead -- so this is awesome.

Unfortunately.... on the first install, I created a single category and then went to the fanfic menu item
http://www.askawitchcommunity.org/index.php?action=fanfics
at which point I get....

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /........./Sources/Fanfics.php on line 1699
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

Kindred, somehow, the www got doubled.
Look at the error on the site.

Kindred

nope.... the www/www is actually the correct path for my server

also getting this error in the admin

http://www.askawitchcommunity.org/index.php?action=admin;area=fanficsadmin
8: Undefined variable: context
File: /home/askawitch/www/www/Themes/default/FanficsAdmin.template.php
Line: 13

Found the problem in fanfics.php

if (isset($_REQUEST['chapter']))
    $context['ff_chapter'] = $_REQUEST['chapter'];
  elseif (isset($_REQUEST['index'])
    $context['ff_index'] = 'index';

is missing a closing parens on line 1698
the line should be

if (isset($_REQUEST['chapter']))
    $context['ff_chapter'] = $_REQUEST['chapter'];
  elseif (isset($_REQUEST['index']))
    $context['ff_index'] = 'index';
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

How did a mod get approved with physical parse errors in the files? That sounds like it wasn't even tested :/

Kindred

not sure ---   there was a last minute update just before (or maybe just after) approval...
Looking at the mod review thread in the customization team board, it looks like it was reviewed pretty heavily. They had coding suggestions, reviews and back and forth on some coding choices...

So, I am not sure what happened... but there is definitely a bug in the current release on the mod site (fix above)

also, the undefined index error apparently only appears if you have no categories created...  once I created a category, I can't replicate the error log entry.
Слaва
Украинi

Tokzu

The mod just needed to have a copyright text in the code so it was approved and the errors were a last minute update.

I've correct this.

My mods:

4Kstore

Good job Tokzu, thanks for share your work.

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

TheListener

The mod installed with no problems.

However I have encountered a 501 error when looking at the mod.

How would I correct this as I like others have been watching the progress with anticipation.

Kindred

A 501 is: The Web server (running the Web site) does not understand or does not support the HTTP method it finds in the HTTP data stream sent to it by the client
http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E501.html

I installed with only the initial errors I noted and it works correctly - which suggests that there may be some issue with your server sending the data (?)
Слaва
Украинi

TheListener

So it would be host side then Kindred?

Kindred

It seems that it is something you should ask your host about... yup. :)

however, reading through that  link that I included, there is a possibility that Tokzu's recent fix intoduced some other errors which kill the POST or GET routine somehow...
Слaва
Украинi

Tokzu

The changes should not generate that error, since the changes were a missing global variable, a parenthesis missing and an error in an SQL query. Exactly when this error is generated? When you go to the fanfics administration, to the main page of the fanfics, when you add a story?

My mods:

Draffi

Looks like a great Mod.

Can i enter Pictures inside?

And (sorry for this), can i use this nice piece of coding stuff for an Artikel-System/Knowledge-System, also?

Kindred

Draffi,

This is not a knowledge base or article system...  it's intended as a writing utility.

Since there are alreayd 3 FAQ/KB/Article systems, I would suggest using THOSE for their intended purpose and this for its purpose - since there is no need to do so, don't try to squeeze one into the other.
Слaва
Украинi

TheListener

The error 501 appears when I go to click on the example.

This I presume is because the example does not exist (or does it?)

Also when I go into the menu the category also takes me to the 501 error.

Tokzu

When you click on the example? What example are you talking about?

My mods:

TheListener

Fanfics > My Fanfics > Story One

That example.

::)

Kindred

but where did that example come from?   There were no examples stories or categories installed when I installed the mod...
Слaва
Украинi

TheListener

Quote from: Kindred on September 26, 2013, 03:24:29 PM
but where did that example come from?

I have no idea.

I'll have another poke at it and se what happens.

Advertisement: