News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Warning

Started by bharat_forum, September 22, 2013, 01:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bharat_forum

Is it a mod? Where can I get it?

Arantor

Did you actually read what was written?

If you just use the standard SMF feature, it doesn't show percentages - and it doesn't show anything for anyone who doesn't have warnings already (assuming you ACTUALLY changed the setting in the first place, which I somewhat doubt)...

If you actually read the link above, you'd understand that if you want percentages you have to actually edit the template yourself - there's no mod for it.

bharat_forum

I tried to edit the templet but it gave me error so something is wrong there. Also I would like to know how can I remove warning from the profile or it remain there all the time?

Angelina Belle

bharat_forum,

Were you able to use these warning features?
I can understand you may have run into problems editing the template to show the warnings.

A good place to get help with SMF coding is
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=60.0
You can frequently find users willing to help those new to writing php and html (which is what you are doing when you change the template).

Since this is template-related, you might also try
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=34.0
Though those discussions often go more to how to achieve "skinning" effects.

Please let me know if it is OK to mark this topic solved.

Thanks
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

bharat_forum

I didn't really try again as I got some errors. Will see the link you posted. One more question, is there a way to remove warning from member profile?

Dav999

If you want to make their warning level lower, just issue a new warning which sets their level lower.

Arantor

There is no way to remove a warning, you can only issue a negative warning to remove some of the warning %.

bharat_forum

You mean that if someone has a warning it will always shown on profile? There is no way to hide it?

Arantor

bharat_forum

That's not nice, I just tried it on some member which doesn't need a warning and I can't even remove it....

Kindred

you can.  Issue a NEW warning at 0% and it will remove the previous one
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

It will remove the % of warning but the warning will still remain on the account until the log is cleared in the future (typically 6 months)

Advertisement: