News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to install Postimage

Started by Marchie69, September 28, 2013, 07:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marchie69

Hi. some of our members are struggling with inserting pictures and I found postimage.org have a much simpler way of doing it.
I have downloaded the zip file for SMF but how do I install it to the forum?

I've done a search but could not find any posts.

Kindred

you have downloaded WHAT zip file for SMF?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Marchie69

I have downloaded sui_smf_english.zip from postimage.org

Kindred

well, since we didn't write it and we don't support files from other sites, I suggest that you ask on their site (?)

That being said: From looking at the file (which I have never seen before) it would seem to be a standard mod package.
So, I would guess that you install it just like any other mod:
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Package_manager

Actually, it should work, but someone should tell them that they have built the package install xml incorrectly.
They have targeted 1.1 through 1.99.99 and 2.0 through 2.99.99 which is wrong and probably won't work in 2.1. They should have done 2.0 through 2.0.99

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

French

It's very simple to install. Just open the install.txt (siu_smf_english.zip) and you know what to do  ;)

Kindred

NO!

I am not sure why they have that file in there... but, since it includes a package-info.xml, it SHOULD work, automatically, in the package manager --- as I linked the instructions for.
Слaва
Украинi

Marchie69

French

Well this is how it looks when the script is installed done by following install.txt for many months ago,(index.template.php) it works and does not cause any problems.Note: Do not copy this is another version (Dutch) with some text adjustments.

// MOD Title: Simple Image Upload
// MOD Author: Sium < [email protected] > (N/A) http://www.postimage.org/
// MOD Version: 1.3.0

var postimage_lang="dutch";
var postimage_add_text="Een afbeelding toevoegen";
var postimage_textarea_ignore_name=/username_list|search/i;

function postimage_query_string(postimage_search_name)
{
postimage_query=window.location.search.substring(1).split("&");
for(postimage_i=0;postimage_i<postimage_query.length;postimage_i++)
{
postimage_string_data=postimage_query[postimage_i].split("=");
if(postimage_string_data[0]==postimage_search_name)
{
return unescape(postimage_string_data[1]);
}
}
}
function postimage_add_code()
{
if(opener)
{
var postimage_text=postimage_query_string("postimage_text");
if(postimage_text)
{
var postimage_id=postimage_query_string("postimage_id");
var postimage_area=opener.document.getElementsByTagName("TEXTAREA");
for(var postimage_i=0;postimage_i<postimage_area.length;postimage_i++)
{
if(postimage_i==postimage_id)
{
break;
}
}
if(opener.editorHandlemessage && opener.editorHandlemessage.bRichTextEnabled)
{
opener.editorHandlemessage.insertText(postimage_text+"<br /><br />",false);
}
else
{
postimage_area[postimage_i].value=postimage_area[postimage_i].value+postimage_text;
}
opener.focus();
window.close();
}
}
}
function postimage_insert()
{
var postimage_area=document.getElementsByTagName("TEXTAREA");
for(var postimage_i=0;postimage_i<postimage_area.length;postimage_i++)
{
if(!postimage_area[postimage_i].name.match(postimage_textarea_ignore_name))
{
var postimage_new_div=document.createElement("div");
postimage_new_div.innerHTML="<br />&nbsp;&bull;&nbsp;<a href=\"javascript:void(0);\" onclick=\"window.open(\'http://www.postimage.org/index.php?mode=smf&amp;lang="+postimage_lang+"&amp;areaid="+postimage_i+"&amp;forumurl=\' + escape(document.location.href), \'postimage\', \'resizable=yes,width=500,height=400\');return false;\"><b>"+postimage_add_text+"</b></a><br /><br />";
postimage_area[postimage_i].parentNode.insertBefore(postimage_new_div,postimage_area[postimage_i]);
}
}
}
postimage_add_code();
window.onload=postimage_insert;
//-->
</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://mod.postimage.org/smf-dutch-adult.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
</head>

Kindred

anjd as I said - this zip file is very clearly intended ot be installed via the package manager and there should be no need for manual edits, if they built the mod correctly.
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

But they didn't build the mod correctly as you pointed out :P

Kindred

Well, it should still work...   it will just install on too many versions.
Слaва
Украинi

krittin98

Seatlrch the mod site
there is definitely a mod for this site
Infact, I am using it on my site too!
It will display a link titled "Add image to your post"
and always use mods from the SMF mod site ONLY

The Team K Developers
www.theteamk.co.nr

Marchie69

I installed it through the packet manager and it works fine :)

Kindred

Glad to hear it Marchie.

Krittin,
There are plenty of decent mods from third party sites, especially for integrations. The only thing that a mod directly from this site offers is the fact that it has been reviewed by the SMF customization team before it was accepted and made available.
Слaва
Украинi

krittin98

Quote from: Kindred on September 29, 2013, 07:10:26 AM
The only thing that a mod directly from this site offers is the fact that it has been reviewed by the SMF customization team before it was accepted and made available.
Yes, that's why I prefer the mod site itself

And congrats Marchie!!

The Team K Developers
www.theteamk.co.nr

Advertisement: