maintenace mode notice not working

Started by vacuman, September 30, 2013, 05:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vacuman

I have corrupted SMF_sessions table in MySQL which I'm trying to repair. I've set my SMF into maintenance mode and adding a suitable notice but my users only see this message
Table 'smfdata_verulam-forum_co_uk.smf_sessions' doesn't exist

Any suggestions about how I can ensure that when my forum users visit my forum they see a maintenance mode message rather that the MySQL error?

margarett

Humm... Now that's bad... It seems your "sessions" table is gone...
Can you check in phpmyadmin if it is really there or not?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ziycon

First off, create a full backup of your database.

Check and make sure the table is there, if so try running the below statement within phpmyadmin in the SQL tab.
REPAIR TABLE smfdata_verulam-forum_co_uk.smf_sessions USE_FRM;

Otherwise if the table is not there you'll need to recreate it, with the below code:
CREATE TABLE {$db_prefix}sessions (
  session_id char(32) NOT NULL,
  last_update int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
  data text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (session_id)
) ENGINE=MyISAM;

vacuman

Thanks for the help with the repair. For some reason I don't have a record of my login & pw for phpmyadmin for my server and I'm awaiting my ISP to help me get the table restored.

The Sessions table was there...I tried to fix it by renaming it hence the error message. Previously it said something about being corrupted but now I can't even rename it back again.

Once I'm able to get on to myPHPadmin I'll try those steps suggested by Ziycon. Meanwhile, any suggestions re a way of getting a notice online as I'm getting fed up of my users emailing and texting me to let me know they can't access our forum, not realising it's not a problem at their end.

Kindred

rename index.php temporarily and put your own index.html page with a message up...

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: