News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How to change the actual forum color?

Started by camawn, September 29, 2013, 11:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

camawn

Hello,

I know how to change the background color etc. But how do I change the actual forum color, like the background where the boards are, in the boards and etc.

Thanks in advance!

mashby

Simple answer is to modify the CSS of the theme you are using. Firefox/Firebug or Chrome can allow you to inspect elements and see what the CSS for those elements are.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

camawn

I just don't know where to find the background color for the main part of the forum, the background behind where all the boards are listed.

Arantor

And if you use Firefox/Firebug or Chrome, you can use their dev tools to actually see what code (and on what lines) affects those elements...

Arantor

Right click on them and select Inspect Element...

camawn

Oh, I see. How would I then change it? I edited colors on index.css, and they show no change on the website.

Arantor

So you edited them, presumably you reuploaded them, did you then hard-refresh to clear the browser's cache?

ARG01

What was not yet mentioned here is that some images may need to be changed as well for certain color changes. Specifically the main_block.png, menu_gfx.png and the frame_repeat.png.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

camawn

Well, these are colors that came with the theme I'm using. So I'm kind of lost atm. :L

mashby

Mind providing a link to your forum site and what you are specifically looking to change? :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Kindred

if you're not using the deafualt theme (Curve) then you really should be asking these sort of questions in the support topic for that theme - since we have no idea at all what colors you mean or how the theme author may have coded them
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

camawn

Advertisement: