News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect.

Started by [OG]Anirudh, October 07, 2013, 04:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[OG]Anirudh

I transferred  my host but i am getting this error why...??
I used repair_settings too

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(//home/u726269016/public_html/forum) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/u258642559:/usr/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/u258642559/public_html/Forum/Settings.php on line 50 Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(//home/u726269016/public_html/forum/Sources) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/u258642559:/usr/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/u258642559/public_html/Forum/Settings.php on line 52 Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(//home/u726269016/public_html/forum/cache) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/u258642559:/usr/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/u258642559/public_html/Forum/Settings.php on line 54
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

kat

Using FTP, navigate to your "cache" directory and delete everything inside it, EXCEPT .htaccess and index.php.

If that doesn't work, can you access home/u258642559:/usr/lib/php:/tmp ? If so, try emptying-out that directory.

If neither of those help, although repair settings changes a lot of things, one of the things that it doesn't change, for obvious reasons, is .htaccess files.

If you've customised any of those, that could be causing that error to appear, I believe (Although, I may have misunderstood that, I have to confess).

margarett

Actually I think it's the forums path which is wrong:
Quote//home/u726269016/public_html/forum is not within the allowed path(s)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

kat

I thought that, too. But, if .htaccess has been edited, to include certain paths, won't that affect it, too?

I did a search and found-out that little snippet. ;)

[OG]Anirudh

Quote from: margarett on October 07, 2013, 06:50:46 AM
Actually I think it's the forums path which is wrong:
Quote//home/u726269016/public_html/forum is not within the allowed path(s)

No its correct

margarett

Are you sure? How is a unix path correct with a double slash in the beginning? (not trying to be smart, here!)

The error says that, in file:
/home/u258642559/public_html/Forum/Settings.php (note single slash!)
Lines: 50, 52, 54: .... is not within the allowed path(s):
//home/u726269016/public_html/forum
//home/u726269016/public_html/forum/Sources
//home/u726269016/public_html/forum/cache

How is Settings.php in a different folder and the rest of the forums? And note the different "user folder" between Settings.php and the remaining folders, besides the double slash...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

ummm....

you do realize that /forum is DIFFERENT from /Forum for linux hosts?

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Edit Settings.php and correct the wrong path...
Although, repair_settings should fix this for you.

Kindred

use the correct path.

As I said /forum is DIFFERENT from /Forum

Capitals make a difference.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

To clarify, on the internet "Forum" is NOT the same as "forum". At least, not on an Apache-powered site.

Arantor

It's not down to Apache, it's down to the operating system under it (usually)... on Windows, Forum and forum are the same, on Linux they are not. And this is definitely a Linux server.

kat

That was what I was inferring.

I'm just not as flowery as you are. ;)

Advertisement: