News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Adding Menu Buttons after ADK Portal Install

Started by mike_kenny, July 02, 2013, 08:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_kenny

Hi,

I have just installed my first SMF forum, and added ADK Portal to give me a nice looking home page.

Now i would like to add more buttons/pages to my top menu bar but am unsure on how to do it. If i edit the Sources/Subs.php i get server error.

Can somebody help ?

Thanks

Kindred

if you are getting a server error after editing, then it would be the edits causing the problems.

unless the ADK portal adds a menu manager (and I don't believe that it does) then editign subs,php is the way to modify your topnav menu...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mike_kenny

Hi thanks for the reply, ive now got the new button added, although i now have a new issue.

The links at the top change to show what page you are currently on. My new link is not doing so, how would i go about making it the same as the rest?

thanks again

Kindred

only links that have associated ACTIONS (in index.php) of the same name get highlighted.
i.e. action=gallery would highlight the "Gallery" tab
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mike_kenny

Is it possible for me to add one in for my new pages?

Kindred

new pages, as in pages created within the portal?   No, I don't think so.
Слaва
Украинi

mike_kenny

ok thanks for your help. no doubt i will have alot more questions before ive finished

studentforums

I installed Adk Menu Buttons mod today and it appears ok in the admin panel but when I add buttons no new buttons appear.
What is wrong?
I only help those that help themselves. I suppose I am a bit like GOD that way.
If you realise anything useful, say something useful and help someone else.

Student forum for GCSE, IGCSE, IB, O & A Level and University Students

Kindred

1- mod specific questions should be asked in the support topic for that mod.
2- do not ask questions in a thread which is 3 months old and has already been marked as solved.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: