Connection Problems

Started by nukerune, October 08, 2013, 05:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nukerune

I don't get acces to my forums:
nukerune.comze.com it's a SMF forum, and it says this message below, please tell me how to fix this error, I'm using 000webhost to host my forum.
This message has been sent for another 14 hours.

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

margarett

If you changed nothing, then ask your host. Your mysql server is probably down.
Quote from: nukerune on October 08, 2013, 05:37:31 AM
I don't get acces to my forums:
I'm using 000webhost to host my forum.
This explains a lot...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Acans

QuoteI'm using 000webhost to host my forum.

Using free hosts like 000webhost causes these issues to happen because their are thousands of websites hosted on one server. SMF cannot get enough resources from the hardware to run effectively.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

nukerune

Well, do you guys know how to fix it?
Will it EVER get fixed?

Arantor

I'd suggest talking to your host, since it's much more likely to be their problem than anything we can fix.

krittin98

Arantor is right bro
Just talk with your webhost
most probably, they will have support forums for free users
just post a topic there and you should get a reply
also, did you install a mod before this happened?

The Team K Developers
www.theteamk.co.nr

nukerune

Quote from: krittin98 on October 08, 2013, 10:37:38 AM
Arantor is right bro
Just talk with your webhost
most probably, they will have support forums for free users
just post a topic there and you should get a reply
also, did you install a mod before this happened?

No, whenever I install a mod, my screen just get white, so I don't install them.

nukerune

[email protected] 9:23 PM (23 hours ago)
There has been a problem with the database! This is a notice email to let you...

I got that email form them.

Kindred

right...    so, the white page with 000webhost is a known issue with their (mis)configuration.
There is actually a sticky and a FAQ article about it...

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Tavsih

Quote from: Kindred on October 08, 2013, 03:09:34 PM
right...    so, the white page with 000webhost is a known issue with their (mis)configuration.
There is actually a sticky and a FAQ article about it...
I dont think its their mis-configuration .Since 000webhost is a free host,they have set the limits of php/html files.Same thing happened with me when i used 000webhost.I have checked few more free hosts,and same case.

nukerune,its a temporary problem sometimes.It happened with me too,when i used 000webhost .Once it wasn't temporary,fixed it by using RepairSettings.php .

give it a try.

Kindred

ummmm.... no.

1- repair_settings.php will not affect the white screen in any way shape or form.
2- the WSoD happens even on the 000webhost non-free servers
3- I was actually answering a statement from the OP regarding why he can not install mods.
4- If repair_settings.php fixes the "connection problems" as originally reported, then there is something seriously hokey going on with the host, since that would imply that the host is changing configurations and database connections without telling anyone.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Tavsih

Quote from: Kindred on October 10, 2013, 07:38:28 AM
4- If repair_settings.php fixes the "connection problems" as originally reported, then there is something seriously hokey going on with the host, since that would imply that the host is changing configurations and database connections without telling anyone.

I used 000webhost at that time.

connection problem still happens sometimes but its temporary problem,as i said already.

Since nukerune is using 000webhost too,his problem might get solved.

@Nukerune,you should move to a better host.I myself didn't have any problem since i moved from 000webhost.

If you cant get a paid host,i can give you info about some good free hosting.(in PM).

you can find a detailed information about hosts here : http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=4.0

Advertisement: