News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Change position

Started by [OG]Anirudh, October 09, 2013, 10:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[OG]Anirudh

Hey guys if i want to re-position of the button like home , forum , help etc (I DON'T WANT TO INTER-CHANGE IT) (I WANT TO CHANGE POSITION FROM POINT A TO POINT B)
which file should i edit?

Burke ♞ Knight

Sources/Subs.php

If I'm not mistaken...

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

[OG]Anirudh

mashby

While you're not really adding buttons, you want to rearrange them. Have a look in Sources/Subs.php as BurkeKnight pointed out. function setupMenuContext() is the thing to have a look at. Specifically the $buttons = array()
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

margarett

I did. Did you read it carefully?  ;)
If you look at that link, it will tell where to search to add them.
Also:
To place the menu item in a different order, find the appropriately names section of the array...
In a different context, but it suits your question perfectly.
So, just move the existing buttons around to match your desired order.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

[OG]Anirudh

i want this..

P.S Sorry for double...

margarett

Ah. You don't want to rearrange the buttons, you want to move the menu bar from its current location :)

I would advise you to ask in the support topic for your theme. We can try to help but it heavily depends on the theme so the author is the best person to assist you in that.
index.template.php from your theme is the way to go. Now, where? Just looking at it...

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: BurkeKnight on October 09, 2013, 10:32:20 AM
Sources/Subs.php

If I'm not mistaken...

You are correct, Subs.php...

But as a side note, I'm trying to register at your site but its not sending out activation email? Been waiting about 5 minutes...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

[OG]Anirudh

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

[quote author=[OG]Anirudh link=topic=512364.msg3620092#msg3620092 date=1381334079]
Check in spam..
[/quote]

Not your site as you do not provide a link to it or I would register there too, but BurkeKnight's site is the one not sending activation email...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

[OG]Anirudh

Every one has registered i don't know why you are not able to...

Irisado

Let's stay on the subject of helping [OG]Anirudh in this thread please.  If there are issues with another site, please start another thread, or contact the person directly.  Thank you.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Kindred

As already indicated....

Quote from: margarett on October 09, 2013, 10:47:46 AM
I would advise you to ask in the support topic for your theme. We can try to help but it heavily depends on the theme so the author is the best person to assist you in that.
index.template.php from your theme is the way to go.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Tavsih

Quote from: margarett on October 09, 2013, 10:47:46 AM

index.template.php from your theme is the way to go. Now, where? Just looking at it...
I don't think OG is a member of DzinerStudio club.He won't be able to get any support from them .Since he downloaded the theme from some Spanish forum.

Kindred

well, then he had best go purchase it correctly and ask questions to DZiner Studio, since we are just going to keep telling him to ask the theme author...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: