News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Code 550 and Gateway Timeout during Newsletter

Started by Oboiro500, October 12, 2013, 02:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oboiro500

Hi,
I am trying to send Newsletters to over 80000 members "using personal messages".  After sending 1.37 % done, I get code 504 Gateway Timeout (on Chrome browser). I checked error log and found the following: ...action=profile;area=summary;u=38552
Ran into problems sending Mail. Error: 550 proper dns entries
and
Ran into problems sending Mail. Error: 550 through this server without authentication
Please advise,
Regards,
Hargaalga

Kindred

well, it is likely that most of your members, if not all, get email notifications when they have a new PM...   so your system is generating the PMs and then sending email notifications to every single user as well.  Probably exceeds your host's settings.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Oboiro500

Hi,
You are very correct. I have been having problem with disk space. What is the solution? Thank you very much.
Regards, Hargaalga.

Oboiro500

Hi,
I have just tried to send the Newsletter WITHOUT choosing the "using personal messages". Only as "in HTML format" and "Add <br />s and &nbsp;s to this message." I got code 504 Gateway Timeout without a single sending a single newsletter. I may add that I am running SMF 2.0.2 with 2.0.5 added as upgrade.
Regards,
Hargaalga.

Bigguy

I would ask your host about this. As Kindred has said it is probably their settings somehow.

Kindred

wait...   what is 2.0.2 with 2.0.5 added as an upgrade.
You can't do that.
Either you installed 2.0.5 using the large upgrade archive (which is essentially the same thing as a fresh 2.0.5 install) or you needed to install 2.0.2 -> 2.0.3 -> 2.0.4 -> 2.0.5 as patches, in that order
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Oboiro500

Hi,
I mixed up the terminology. I installed 2.0.5 using the large upgrade archive.
Regards,
Hargaalga.

Bigguy

Quote from: Bigguy on October 12, 2013, 03:12:56 PM
I would ask your host about this. As Kindred has said it is probably their settings somehow.

Oboiro500

Hi,
I have asked my host. They replied that it is 500 emails maximum per  hour. Besides, I found other "critical" errors on my error log. There were inconsistencies of IP. I have notified them. That solved the problem.
Regards,
Hargaalga.

Advertisement: