News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Slow Spam

Started by split, October 15, 2013, 12:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

split

Each day I have apparently been getting new spam/fake accounts, perhaps 4 a day.   Over time there are now too many to delete by hand.  Each account is identifiable because there is spam in their signatures.   Is there an easy way to delete all accounts with a signature?

Kyrianchigozie

lol i expirienced such thing last week, if you can check some previous topic you will see mine about the strange registrations, i was adviced to add another verification questions in my forum, since i did that i never expirience such registrations again, although mine are not much, jst few spam reg.

split

I have no problem finding the fake account; any user that has a website listed and has never posted is a spam account.
I'll go one step further 99% of accounts that list a website are spam.  I'll delete all such accounts.

But how do I delete these, other than one at a time??

I have 10+ spam questions.  I just changed them all.

split

I found that I could disable signatures....which is why the spammers are creating the accounts.  They insert hyperlinks in the signatures.
So that problem is solved, but I still have tons of fake accounts.  The Admin member search function unfortunately does not allow searches by signature.  :-[

Kindred

to solve you spam issue, in addition to the questions,
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Spam_-_my_forum_is_flooded_with_spam,_what_can_I_do

as for the users... sorry - there is no good way to identify them like that
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

You can run a query in phpmyadmin to help you identify the users with links in signatures. But that will not allow you to remove them (and don't remove the users directly from the database!)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: