Replies coming before the main topic

Started by Neco96, October 15, 2013, 06:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neco96

Hello everyone,

I'll go directly to my problem:
When I post a reply in any topic in my forum, the reply will be showed over the main post... It might seems kinda hard to understand but I'll show you by screenshots:

Firstly I created a topic:

After that, I replied in that topic...:

Burke ♞ Knight

Go to Profile, Look & Layout.
There will be selections for handling this. :)

These may help set them for all members. :)

Admin -> Themes and Layout... -> Member Options -> Configure guest and new user options for this theme
Admin -> Themes and Layout... -> Member Options -> Remove all members' options and use the defaults

Arantor

The option in question is called 'Show most recent posts on top'

Neco96

Oh my god, I thought that message would do another thing...
My problem has been solved (thank you so much for the very fast reply!)

Arantor

I'm just curious, what did you think it would do? It sounds like we need to consider rewording it to be more meaningful.

Neco96

Quote from: Arantor on October 15, 2013, 06:31:39 PM
I'm just curious, what did you think it would do? It sounds like we need to consider rewording it to be more meaningful.
Not at all, it was pure stupidly from my side, I thought it was related to "Show recent posts since last visit" ::)

Arantor

Which already shows them most recent first... interesting though. Does firmly make me think we need to find a better wording for that option, though, thanks for your feedback :)

Neco96

Quote from: Arantor on October 15, 2013, 06:39:57 PM
Which already shows them most recent first... interesting though. Does firmly make me think we need to find a better wording for that option, though, thanks for your feedback :)
No problem lol, also thank you for your epic will to update it every time as well help everyone so fast! ;)

Arantor

Well, it's one of those things I've seen a number of people change of late and I just got thinking that maybe we need to start finding out where it's going wrong for people to see if we can improve it in SMF 2.1 which we're working on at the moment.

Advertisement: