too much Files

Started by Kyrianchigozie, October 14, 2013, 05:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a10

Quotei have already occupod 53mb
ok any remedy for that/.
...stop installing (and remove all previous) themes & mods. Run only stock forum software, and disable registration, attachments, avatars, posting etc.

Seriously, for your reference, my small forum now got over 2 GB of files (most are attachments) after some years online, in addition there is the DB. 53 MB of files is close to nothing.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Bigguy

Keep in mind some hosts count the database with the space of the hosting.

Kyrianchigozie

Aranto please any help on how to reduce this please before i will reach my fair usage of 10gb

Arantor

10GB?

You are currently using 0.05GB - you have 200x more space yet.

a10

I shouldn't interfere, but...  :D

You do not need to reduce anything, your space usage is next to nothing, zero, nix, zilch. 53MB is  insignificant, minuscule, tiny, microscopic. Yes, you can have nearly 200 similar forums on that 10GB space.

In other words, you have NO problem with space, relax and just continue working on your setup.

Edit: to get the picture, after a while with activity, member's posting\attachments will easily produce 100's of MB's of content. The forum 'program files' themselves will always stay at a very low level compared to that.

Good luck.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Advertisement: