Strange problem with forum links re-directing to the main forum page

Started by samscholes, October 16, 2013, 04:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samscholes

Hello,

I've been running an SMF forum for several years now and just recently a really strange problem cropped up. When a link in a post is clicked it re-directs to the main SMF page of the forum.

Here is an example...

Go to the link below and on the thread click the link. The link re-directs to the main page of the SMF forum.
hxxp:www.utahshotgunsports.com/discussion/2/clark-co-las-vegas-complex-loosing-money/2064/ [nonactive]

Any idea how to solve this problem? Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

Chalky

The link is pointing to your forum url plus ?action=seored added before the url of the external link.  What SEO mod are you using?

Kindred

meh...   just so that you know.... those text urls contribute absolutely NOTHING to SEO and many are known to cause issues.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Chalky

samscholes

So I can see how to delete or uninstall SMFPacks: SEO Pro Mod but is there a way to just disable it?

Chalky

That would be a question for the mod author.  I used the word "disable" in the generic sense as I've no experience of that mod myself.

kat

If you have the "Pro" version, as you've intimated...

Quote from: samscholes on October 16, 2013, 05:26:46 PM
I am using the SMFPacks SEO Pro Mod.

...you should get support, for this, on their forum.

http://www.smfpacks.com/seomod

That's part of what you paid for, after all.

samscholes

Uninstalling the SEO MOD worked. Thanks! I think I'll just leave it uninstalled. Appreciate all your help.

samscholes

Actually uninstalling it broke all the links on my forum. I had to reinstall it to get it to work again. Outside URLs are still a problem. I will contact the SMFPacks help forum... GHRH!

margarett

Yes, it would break your internal links, since they were created with that special format and now they are unavailable... It should be possible to run a SQL query in phpmyadmin to update the links to the "normal" version. I cannot tell it off my head but it can be achieved ;)
BTW, I had this topic marked as solved, feel free to unmark it if you wish ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SwedishMarch1964

Go to http://photobucket.com

The easy way to upload your avatar. Just click the direct link.

Advertisement: