News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Categories going up

Started by Neco96, October 17, 2013, 04:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neco96

Hello everyone,

I noticed I've a little problem and i dont know how to fix it.

Imagine I have 2 categories on my forum: category 1 and category 2
Now imagine I have a board named "Hello" in categorry 1 and a another board named "Bye" in category 2.

The category orders is like:

CATEGORY1
Hello

CATEGORY2
Bye

My problem is: If I make post something in "Bye" board, the Forum categories order will be:

CATEGORY2
Bye

CATEGORY1
Hello

How can I fix it?

Arantor

What MySQL version are you using?

Neco96

Arantor

The admin panel has a 'support information' block on the first page, under that it has a 'more detailed' entry. It will be in there.

Neco96

Quote from: Arantor on October 17, 2013, 04:50:20 PM
The admin panel has a 'support information' block on the first page, under that it has a 'more detailed' entry. It will be in there.
QuoteMySQL version: 5.6.12-log

Arantor

There are some issues we've had reported where MySQL 5.6 misbehaves with the code in the board index.

We don't have a fix at this time, short of totally rewriting the board index code :(

The only maybe-working fix is to make changes directly to the tables themselves by moving them to InnoDB rather than MyISAM and then altering the way the key structure is set up, which is not for the faint of heart - and because of the changes in MySQL 5.6 even that might not work :(

Neco96

If I would have understood something.....

I just understood this:
Quote from: Arantor on October 17, 2013, 05:06:12 PM
We don't have a fix at this time

and

Quote from: Arantor on October 17, 2013, 05:06:12 PM
even that might not work :(

So... I can't change that MySQL or so?

Arantor

You could go back to MySQL 5.1 where it is known to work; even MySQL 5.5 is a bit unreliable with it.

Neco96

Quote from: Arantor on October 17, 2013, 05:22:25 PM
You could go back to MySQL 5.1 where it is known to work; even MySQL 5.5 is a bit unreliable with it.
How can I do that?

Arantor

Ask your host *extremely* nicely. What it really needs is us to rewrite major chunks of SMF that haven't been touched in years that relied on behaviour in older versions of MySQL.

Honestly I don't think you're going to get a good answer here :(

Neco96

It is solved! Changed MySQL to 5.6.12-log

Arantor

But that's what you were on before...

Advertisement: