News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Need help in editing forum

Started by sgharpist, October 22, 2013, 01:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgharpist

Dear All,

I am new to setting up a forum and was hoping to seek help with starting up my forum.
Recently I had set up a forum and would like to get help with the 3 questions that are shown in attached file.

Can anyone kindly help advise me on these?

Thank You

Kindred

The text is your forum name, as set by you in the forum settings....

as to whether you can use an image or not.... that would depend on the theme that you are using (which is obviously, not the default/Curve theme)

And regarding the SMF logo... you would have to edit index.template.php for your theme(s)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sgharpist

Quote from: Kindred on October 22, 2013, 02:54:21 AM
The text is your forum name, as set by you in the forum settings....

as to whether you can use an image or not.... that would depend on the theme that you are using (which is obviously, not the default/Curve theme)

And regarding the SMF logo... you would have to edit index.template.php for your theme(s)

Hi Kindred,
Thank you for your advise. For the image, how would we know if the theme allows us to do so?
As for the SMF Logo, may I know where and how to go about editing the index.template.php?

Kindred

for info about your theme - it's either i the current theme settings in smf admin or you will have to ask in the support thread for that specific theme......

not sure where it is in the index.template.php file exactly... somewhere in the header_above section, I'd imagine.

Or you can just right click on the image, find out the filename and replace it with one of your own - without having to do any code changes at all
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

Try something else, first...

If you go to Admin>Current theme, you'll see a box labelled "Logo image URL:". If you put the URL for the logo, there, how does it look?

You can change the "My community" thing, by going to Admin>Server settings (Odd place, for that, I know) and changing what's in the box labelled "Forum title".

sgharpist

I'm still not able to remove the dead link on the top right corner of my forum at hxxp:www.sgharpist.com/forum [nonactive]. Can you guys please advise me further on this.

Now I have two more questions.
1) How can I adjust the height of the border as shown in attached picture so that it can be levelled with my forum logo.
2) How can I remove the footer at bottom of the forum as shown in attached picture.

Thanks folks for the kind help.

margarett

Please be advised that, if you remove SMF copyright, you will not get support in this forum...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

all of your questions should now be addressed in the support topic for your specific theme....

(and I've told you how to fix the smf logo image --  either change the code or replace the image file itself.)

margarett, he's not touching the smf copyright. just the logo in the top right
Слaва
Украинi

kat

I'm not seeing a dead link. I can see a placeholder, where the SMF logo ought to be, though.

Go to Admin>Current theme and look in the box marked "Site slogan:". Is there anything in there? If not, try using a space and see what happens.

That might well be a theme issue, though. In which case, the support topic for the theme would be your next destination, for this.

margarett

Quote from: Kindred on October 22, 2013, 12:09:38 PM
margarett, he's not touching the smf copyright. just the logo in the top right
Huh? :o
Take a look at question 2) and the second attached image...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

whoops... apparently missed the second image.

Right.

sgharpist,

under the BSD license, you can remove the copyright.
However, we will not tell you how to do so - and you will likely not receive support here if you do so.
Слaва
Украинi

sgharpist

Quote from: K@ on October 22, 2013, 12:09:51 PM
I'm not seeing a dead link. I can see a placeholder, where the SMF logo ought to be, though.

Go to Admin>Current theme and look in the box marked "Site slogan:". Is there anything in there? If not, try using a space and see what happens.

That might well be a theme issue, though. In which case, the support topic for the theme would be your next destination, for this.

Great! Adding a space in the Site Slogan does work.
Is below link what you guys are referring to for the support topic for theme?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=34.0

margarett

Actually ADK Team's work is now solely provided and supported at their own site http://www.smfpersonal.net/

Advertisement: