News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Another SEO rant

Started by rajatcverma, October 24, 2013, 07:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rajatcverma

Why Google Behaving like an Enemy to SEO ?

Hi When We all started our career as an SEO we thought that it will be great to work online and our career will be secure because the number of users will be increased with the time but what's happening now from last few months?? I don't understand why Google is behaving like a enemy to SEO??

You already know that after so many updates SEO is not easy now and its getting difficult day by day, Google replaced Keyword Tool to Keyword Planner (Not Showing Broad, Exact, Phrase), Hide Keyword in the analytics (so we will not be able to see which keyword bringing traffic), Meta Description is no use, And now Google is not providing keyword ranking for the small business websites.

We are trying very hard to make backlinks using white hat tactics but still Google is not giving us Keyword ranking in the name so called better user experience and showing only authority or big sites on the first page apparently its destroying our career.

What's the authority sites for the Google is OLX, Quikr, Download.cnet etc. means they are only showing those websites on the first page which already have lot of Traffic. I don't think classified sites are better than other small business sites.

So what should we do now?? Should we start digging our grave??

I am a Team Leader in my company 8 SEO's are working under me so should I say to my team that Google will not provide us Keyword Ranking therefore you all are unemployed now our company can't afford you and for myself I am working as an SEO from last 5 years it's very difficult for me to start a new career now.

Google should understand there are not only employees in Google whose working for the Google site there are millions of SEO around the world whose working for the Google and if they will stop providing SERP to us our career will be finish or should I say our life will be in dark.

I am not saying to provide all of our keyword on the first page but if we are trying for the 10 keywords so at least provide 4 on the first page or at lease provide our keyword on the first page for the 2-3 months so we can show our faces to our Boss/Client.

I Hope Google will think about it and our career will be secure.

Mod edit: Better topic title

Arantor

QuoteWhy Google Behaving like an Enemy to SEO ?

Because of SEO.

SEO is all about trying to manipulate Google. And Google have reacted against it - each successive update to their algorithms have all been about discouraging SEO tactics.

kat

byproduct

google is at the top of their game, but that's dropping a bit.

imagine what amazon is
AND what they getting into
not unfeasible for amazon to buy yahoo
it'd fit into their business model
and amazon has the $ to buy, support and grow a internet directory and advertising company.
EVEN MORE SO, it'd be the perfect income source for their coming cellular service with propriertary phones.

hmmm, wonder how att/yahoo plan COULD play into that scenario

Arantor

Why would Yahoo fit into Amazon's business plan exactly?

byproduct

how could they not be?

more date center & server access to compliment amazons own current server usages and sales.

se, dormant publisher & ad sales to compliment amazon's products sales site
plus sale advertising to the leased sellers and reseller
which they can prominently push through their new se

turn around and offer publisher accounts to their server leasee's

then open it up to the general public, such, disgruntled adword and adsense publishers and advertisers

be easy for them to cut into google's bread and butter revenue
plus, google already sliding a lil

then, more revenue streams when amazon rolls out their mobile service, push it all across their too.

and there is still the +/-  possibilities of the existing & FUTURES of att/yahoo (amazon) contract

hard o imagine anyone more suited to take over yahoo, than amazon.
least in this country

coolfx35

Quote from: rajatcverma on October 24, 2013, 07:30:37 AM
Why Google Behaving like an Enemy to SEO ?

Hi When We all started our career as an SEO we thought that it will be great to work online and our career will be secure because the number of users will be increased with the time but what's happening now from last few months?? I don't understand why Google is behaving like a enemy to SEO??

You already know that after so many updates SEO is not easy now and its getting difficult day by day, Google replaced Keyword Tool to Keyword Planner (Not Showing Broad, Exact, Phrase), Hide Keyword in the analytics (so we will not be able to see which keyword bringing traffic), Meta Description is no use, And now Google is not providing keyword ranking for the small business websites.

We are trying very hard to make backlinks using white hat tactics but still Google is not giving us Keyword ranking in the name so called better user experience and showing only authority or big sites on the first page apparently its destroying our career.

What's the authority sites for the Google is OLX, Quikr, Download.cnet etc. means they are only showing those websites on the first page which already have lot of Traffic. I don't think classified sites are better than other small business sites.

So what should we do now?? Should we start digging our grave??

I am a Team Leader in my company 8 SEO's are working under me so should I say to my team that Google will not provide us Keyword Ranking therefore you all are unemployed now our company can't afford you and for myself I am working as an SEO from last 5 years it's very difficult for me to start a new career now.

Google should understand there are not only employees in Google whose working for the Google site there are millions of SEO around the world whose working for the Google and if they will stop providing SERP to us our career will be finish or should I say our life will be in dark.

I am not saying to provide all of our keyword on the first page but if we are trying for the 10 keywords so at least provide 4 on the first page or at lease provide our keyword on the first page for the 2-3 months so we can show our faces to our Boss/Client.

I Hope Google will think about it and our career will be secure.

I have to agree with you, it's becoming impossible for old SEO tricks to work now with their recent "panda" and "penguin" updates.  They are only focusing on content from authority sites, and new sites with okay content can hardly get any ranking.

Nothing we can do about it, it's Google, they won't feel sorry for you.  I said try doing something else for a living.

busterone

I agree with Google. You said it in your own words-
Quoteit's becoming impossible for old SEO tricks to work
Because most of what you all call SEO is nothing but a bunch of cheats and tricks. Google got smart. Content is king. If you have ****** for content, then the"old tricks" won't work. I salute Google for it.  Most of SEO is nothing but a bunch of spammers trying to trick in a few dollars.

Arantor

Trouble is, Panda and Penguin have successively been penalising user-generated content, as non-authoritative amongst other things... forums are harder and harder to push these days.

busterone

Well, there is that too.
I wasn't looking at that aspect of it, I was thinking more of the keyword stuffing, backlinks type stuff that so many SEO spammers use.

I can see where that can be a real issue in the near future.

Arantor

Of course it is. As I said in my now infamous speech, the first point:

QuoteLet me get this straight. You're trying to attract the attention of, amongst other things, one of the most powerful companies in the world, which is staffed with Smart People, probably smarter than both you and I combined in many cases. You're trying to attract their attention, and do so by gaming a system built by Smart People.

That's what SEO is: trying to game the system.

coolfx35

Quote from: busterone on January 05, 2014, 09:52:12 PM
Well, there is that too.
I wasn't looking at that aspect of it, I was thinking more of the keyword stuffing, backlinks type stuff that so many SEO spammers use.

I can see where that can be a real issue in the near future.

Forums are users generated content.  Users are its blood, most people don't even bother to join a new forum especially the without a lot of members and content.

In the old days, forum owners can post some copied content to start with.  And with the help of Google Rankings, and some SEO tricks, you can get the forum out there, then users started to join and contribute their content.

Today, it's not the same way.  I don't know if the forum formats are dying, to make things worse, facebook groups are taking over, most people now just go facebook groups to post questions and get answers.

I don't see very bright future for forums.  The ones that started long time ago and still have a lot of members can survive, but that's about it.

青山 素子

Quote from: coolfx35 on January 06, 2014, 10:42:38 AM
In the old days, forum owners can post some copied content to start with.  And with the help of Google Rankings, and some SEO tricks, you can get the forum out there, then users started to join and contribute their content.

There's your problem right there. You're trying to use duplicate content and tricks to game a system to look more important than you are. Starting a forum is hard work, and yes, it's harder now that you can't fool people into thinking you're more important than you really are.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

xrunner

I don't see very bright future for forums.  The ones that started long time ago and still have a lot of members can survive, but that's about it.

Tell me about it.  :(

coolfx35

Quote from: 青山 素子 on January 06, 2014, 11:44:54 AM

There's your problem right there. You're trying to use duplicate content and tricks to game a system to look more important than you are. Starting a forum is hard work, and yes, it's harder now that you can't fool people into thinking you're more important than you really are.

I am sure a lot of forum owners do this, what used to work great no longer works, could be a big reason forum popularity going down in the future.

Arantor

Well, yes. But I think we're going to see a trend back towards forums, and I'm not just saying that.

We've seen the privacy scandals of last summer and it's caused people to go away and think about things. You can be so much more anonymous on a forum than you can on Facebook.

Not only that, but a forum can tailor to the needs of a community than Facebook can, because you can add features and facilities that that community needs, rather than relying on what Facebook gives you.

kat

Nicely put, that man.

I wouldn't join Fartbook if you paid me.

busterone

LOL, I did join fartbook, but it is just to keep in contact with a select group of friends and family all over the world.   :D

kat

I use the 'phone and e-mail, for that. :)

If someone offered me a billion pounds (That's a real billion, not a girly American one), I might reconsider.

TheListener

My forum has started to receive local businesses wanting to advertise due to Facebook.

:)

Advertisement: