sources out of date after upgrading?

Started by mrsray, October 26, 2013, 09:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsray

just upgraded by uploading ftp and running upgrade file to 2.06 and when I run the 'Forum Maintenance' 'Detailed Version Check', the SMF File section shows that my version is SMF 2.0.6 but says the sources version is 2.0.1

never installed 2.0.1, started with 2.05, so that message doesn't make sense to me

ideas or thoughts?

thanks in advance

Arantor

Click on Sources, you see the per-file listing. The version number there indicates the last time a file was changed, e.g. Admin.php didn't change since 2.0.1 if I remember right, and it just uses that for the whole folder.

mrsray

Thank you very much, I see what you are saying, this file seems to be the issue

Subs-Members.php   2.0.1      2.0.6

tried to replace it out of the 2.06 ver and it still shows that the subs-members.php is out of date

Arantor

Yeah, Subs-Members was updated in 2.0.6. But that seems like you haven't actually updated that file...

mrsray

thanks, that's what I thought too, did a fresh install on another site and it says the same thing with that one file, this was not an upgrade ... any ideas or thoughts?

Arantor

Please attach your Subs-Members.php file.

lurkalot

Quote from: mrsray on October 26, 2013, 11:34:30 AM
Thank you very much, I see what you are saying, this file seems to be the issue

Subs-Members.php   2.0.1      2.0.6

tried to replace it out of the 2.06 ver and it still shows that the subs-members.php is out of date

It's the same for me. after I upgraded one of my sites with the large upgrade.  I had deleted the sources folder completely before uploading the new files.

Quote from: Arantor on October 26, 2013, 11:35:34 AM
Yeah, Subs-Members was updated in 2.0.6. But that seems like you haven't actually updated that file...

My Subs-Members still shows as 2.0.1   Just tested this and that's on a new install in xampp

mrsray

Arantor

o.O

So I just checked the installer package file, everything is up to date in the file's contents except for the header for some reason. I've nudged the appropriate folks to investigate.

Oldiesmann

Seems I missed a step when preparing the files for the updates O:)

You can either ignore the issue or just manually change the version number yourself. I'll fix the file in the install/upgrade packages and on our end so it'll be fixed for future releases.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

lurkalot

Quote from: Arantor on October 26, 2013, 01:14:08 PM
o.O

So I just checked the installer package file, everything is up to date in the file's contents except for the header for some reason. I've nudged the appropriate folks to investigate.

Thanks Arantor. ;)

Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 26, 2013, 01:20:20 PM
Seems I missed a step when preparing the files for the updates 0:-)

You can either ignore the issue or just manually change the version number yourself. I'll fix the file in the install/upgrade packages and on our end so it'll be fixed for future releases.

I'll ignore it thanks.  Was just pointing out my findings. ;)

mrsray

i will also ignore it, please mark this as solved THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your time and quick responses

Advertisement: