[SMF Converter] UBB.threads 7.5

Started by emanuele, October 26, 2013, 12:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forumfjott

:D
I did this convert for my fav forum, althoug it isn't mine, because I have so good experience with smf from 2 other forums I have installed and admined.
5000+ members will hopefully also be pleased.
We are doing betatesting now and have really only run into one problem, but this is a rather major problem...

No screenshots tags have been transferred.

There is tens of thousands pages without screenshots :(
I cannot release the forum with 14 years of missing pictures.
Any thoughts?

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

margarett

I'm sorry but I just see a gray square...

Can you take a print screen in the original context?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sea Mac

I discovered that if you replace the colon with an equals sign    that SMF honors UBB Threads UBB Codes tags like font/color/size.

When we converted over - the IMG tags were working fine: that is, any absolute URL to an Image that was still Available showed up OK.
Were these screenshots perhaps as relative links, or Attachments?

If attachments make sure that you moved them into the attachments folder and their permissions are correct. The Url for the image in your last post is "http://www.pichosting.com/xxx" (which doesn't link to any photo).

forumfjott

Im sorry. Went kinda quick yesterday.
The tag to linked pics is ofcause code :) could be like this

[img] www.url.com/pic.jpg[/img]

No posts have the img tag or the url reference.
I will check the attatchments, but these pics were never uploaded, only linked to.

Betatesters is else VERY happy

EDIT:
I took a look in some other posts regarding hardware, not plain screenshots, and found a img tag. I remember that UBBthreads use an option to insert pics as left/right/floating etc. and the code can look like this in topics:

[img:left]http://www.komplett.no/img/p/200/774726.jpg[/img] Corsair Obsidian 900D Big Tower Sort

The post showed the line like the code exemple, but when I edited the post removing ":left", the img show as normal in the post.

In the screenshots forums there is no such line at all.

EDIT II:
I activated the converted child forums, screenshots archive and pictures archive, and they have all pis intact  :o

straaaaange

margarett

I can only help you about this:

QuoteEDIT:
I took a look in some other posts regarding hardware, not plain screenshots, and found a img tag. I remember that UBBthreads use an option to insert pics as left/right/floating etc. and the code can look like this in topics:

[img:left]http://www.komplett.no/img/p/200/774726.jpg[/img] Corsair Obsidian 900D Big Tower Sort

The post showed the line like the code exemple, but when I edited the post removing ":left", the img show as normal in the post.

You can go to phpmyadmin, to your SMF database, and use the following SQL query (after you backup, of course :P ):

update smf_messages set body = replace(body, '[img:left]', '[img]')
Repeat for right/floating

For the rest, I'm sorry but that is out of my league :-[

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sea Mac

So, it winds up that you didn't lose a single image after all? And all the people who see the converted forum are very VERY happy? It "Fixed itself", huh?  ;D

Here's a thought ... instead of that forum spending $99 for Access to updates and "Support" from Groupee next year: I recommend a subscription to to this Forum's Helpdesk for $50 instead. "Half the Price and Twice the Support." and you may Quote me on that.  I WILL be renewing my Charter Membership because it has been worth EVERY Penny! IF they have any technical Issue the Support Staff will respond RIGHT Away: it is the ultimate in Support.

As an Example ... this Converter. It is MOSTLY a Labor of Love by the Excellent Development Staff: but it has the potential to allow hundreds or thousands of UBB Threads forums an "Escape" to a DECENT, really Modern, open source forum! And I believe in my heart that - eventually - they are all gonna rush over here and upgrade for free! All of them are already forced to shell out $99 a year for ACCESS to the Support Forum at UBB Threads anyway. And I can tell you from personal experience that ALL my questions were answered swiftly - even though they COULD get away with just using these Free Support Forums (Just as you did.).

I know how your beta testers feel. We are 4 weeks into using the new software and my UBB Threads users are getting adjusted to SMF2 now. And they ALL are acting like Children at Christmas - or in a Candy Warehouse: Ultra Delighted! They have NEVER seen such comprehensive statistics or so many ways to add color and expression to their posts: It's a riot festival in there!

They have been "Set FREE" ... and we are VERY grateful to SMF and the Excellent Staff here! I'm hoping that the NEW Converter gets a little more polished and easier to use in time ... and that lots of other forums "Make their Escape" too.

Hats Off to SMF!

forumfjott

The thing is that UBBthreads have an option to have a forum category to show pics in some silly gallery view, albums.
This way, the picture tags don't show in the post where the text is written, but added as a kind of attachment. I have asked the forum owner to see if there is a way to merge the main screenshots (with the silly gallery) and the child board (regular posts with screenshots) to see if this result in posts with pictures tagged in.
If that works, I can run a recount from within the smf forum or, if I have to, reconvert once more, getting all the posts showing "normal" posts.

The posts did not magically reappear with pics  ;) but the converter have not taken into account this perticular way of posting topics, called "albums".
I now have about 7500 posts without pictures in the new smf forum, not 55000 as feared.

Sea Mac

I used to use a MOD for Photos: Aeva Media 1.4w
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=977
But it seems you Still have a lot of work to put Humpty Dumpty back together again ...

forumfjott

Quotean go to phpmyadmin, to your SMF database, and use the following SQL query (after you backup, of course :P ):

Code: [Select]
Repeat for right/floating

Thanks a lot M!

forumfjott

I get an error when trying to parse this line in sql query. I have tried clicking on the smf_messages db before parsing but no luck. I do need it to be fixed though.

margarett

margarett

Note the usage of

'

and NOT

`   ´

I just tested in my local phpmyadmin and it works...

forumfjott

Sea Mac

Well, forumfjott, did you get most of your issues worked out?

forumfjott

Yepp. I have one user that cannot enter his profile and a few other requests, but ppl are happy :D

BUT... I have several members stating they have PMs that don't belong to them. Havent got a clue how to sort it out. With over 5000 members I cannot get a full overview of the problem, and deleting them all will cause a riot.

emanuele

PMs is one of the most important things to check before going live...
I would be quite upset knowing that my PMs may be visible to others.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

forumfjott

true true...
No such findings from beta testers though. It shouldnt be possible to get such a error during convertion to.
Big red flag there.

margarett

Do you still have the old database? Did you see that happening?

Ask one of the affected users to give you a "wrong" PM ID, check the current SMF database who's the author and destinations and compare that with the old database.
The IDs are all kept, be it users, posts, PMs, etc, so that shouldn't really happen...

Advertisement: