News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

"The default theme's directory is wrong, please correct it by clicking this text

Started by donelson, April 23, 2011, 04:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donelson

I click on that and it takes me to a theme page with No further instructions as to how to fix it. It was working properly a while back.

All the URLs look right to me.

"SMF Default Theme - Curve"

Mac dual G5, OSX 10.4.11 - SMF 2.0 RC2

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

donelson

NanoSector

Quote from: donelson on April 23, 2011, 04:33:23 PM
nothing at all

The host company moved to Cpanel, perhaps?
I don't know :P

Try to run repair_settings.php, place it in the directory where SMF is installed.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

CapadY

It look likes the paths on your server are changed, check them. Maybe you can run Repair_Settings.php (You'll have to download it from the SMF-site).
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

NanoSector

Quote from: capady on April 23, 2011, 05:02:55 PM
It look likes the paths on your server are changed, check them. Maybe you can run Repair_Settings.php (You'll have to download it from the SMF-site).
Which is what I said :)

Illori

on the bottom of the admin -> themes and layout -> theme settings page there is a link to reset the paths and correct them, does this fix the issue?

donelson

Quote from: Illori on April 23, 2011, 05:09:12 PM
on the bottom of the admin -> themes and layout -> theme settings page there is a link to reset the paths and correct them, does this fix the issue?

At the bottom of the admin -> themes and layout -> theme settings page there is NOT a link to reset the paths... sorry.

I ran Repair_settings.php - it brought up a page, seemed to be okay, chose recommended etc - no help.

Illori

the button says attempt to reset all themes, which if you read above that section it says reset theme urls and directories, on the theme settings page.

donelson

Quote from: Illori on April 23, 2011, 07:04:04 PM
the button says attempt to reset all themes, which if you read above that section it says reset theme urls and directories, on the theme settings page.

Thanks that worked. Too many pages have similar names in settings, sorry.

Grimster

Quote from: Illori on April 23, 2011, 07:04:04 PM

Also worked for me after the ISP upgraded infrastructure. Thanks.

Ted_B

Here is how I fixed the problem.  Click the text as requested.  This will take you to the page where you can inspect the 'default theme's directory'.  Note, this is the server's absolute path to the directory and will likely have to be updated.  But how to determine the absolute path!!

To determine the server's absolute path to your default theme's directory, first use a text editor to create a tiny php file.  Insert the following code in the file:

<?php
echo __FILE__;
?>

Rename the file as findpath.php (for example) and upload to your web-server.  In order to echo the absolute path to the folder, I suggest you upload the file to:

http://www.yourwebsite.com/Themes/default/findpath.php    (Note:  The link must include your domain name or forum name and all sub folders leading to the SMF install)

Copy and paste the complete link, including findpath.php to your browser and it will return all the information required to update the default theme's directory.  Update the absolute path, excluding "findpath.php" of course, then 'Save' and you should be good to go.

Once the little php file has done it's job I recommend you delete it from the server.

Advertisement: