News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom Permissions

Started by Kays, April 06, 2011, 06:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kays

Hi, if you only want people with that permission to enter that page. Add the allowedTo() check for that permission before the call to that function.

Or after the globals are defined:

if (!allowedTo('seeThis'))
   return;

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Kite

Thanks for this mod, It is really helpful !

Do you think it can be possible to set specific subgroup ?

I want to create permissions in a new group called "website" and i don't want them to stay under the "Custom Permissions" group.

Thanks !

Kays

Hi, permissions apply to which ever group they are assigned to. If you have a problem with inherent permissions, then use deny.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Branko.

Hi Kays!
This mod is really useful for specific permissions. I want to create permission(s) for Profile view. This permission includes track IP/user and all subactions. In default installation, I can grant IP viewing option by Moderate forum members permission but it comes with extra rights. I want only IP viewing option with subactions.

Thanks in advance
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Kays

I think what you might need to do is to look for everywhere that the original permission is used and then change it in the appropriate spots to the new permission.

My Mods

Chas Large

Hi Kays,

Sorry to wake an old topic but I'd like to use this mod on 2.0.15.

It installs but the CUSTOM PERMISSIONS does not show, so I cannot add the permission I want, which is to remove the ability to send emails to any member that allows it for a specific post count group.

The standard permissions allows an ADMIN to turn off PM's but not emails. So a group may have restricted PM access but unrestricted email system access. An alternative would be to restrict the number of emails a certain group can send.

I assumed I could do that with this mod and would be obliged if you could kindly,

a. update the mod to work with 2.0.15 and above.

b. advise how to use the mod to achieve my goal.

Very much obliged for any help you - or indeed anyone else - can offer.

Thanks

Chas
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: