News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Users getting banned randomly.

Started by sdgood, December 02, 2013, 11:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdgood

I'm having trouble figuring out why several members are getting banned messages. When they try to login they get a message that they have been banned for spam. I have checked their profile and there are no ban triggers active. One of the users is a global administrator. I can login using his credentials but he cannot. Not everyone is getting the message. I'm using 1.1.19. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

shadow82x

Mods installed?
Anything in your error logs?
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

sdgood

Yes dozens of these message in the error log. No Mods installed.

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Guest    Today at 10:59:27 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 71.197.167.234      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 4d1731d8f6960a79369145e5b2ae29e3
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://stevedgood.com/community/index.php?action=help [nofollow]
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Spam

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Guest    Today at 10:59:01 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 172.242.231.94      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 4c91a2797f9a7c7fe0f95b22e6f39cab
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://stevedgood.com/community/index.php?topic=15553.new [nofollow]
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Sorry Billy in Va, you are banned from using this forum!
Spam

shadow82x

Weird...Any entries in your ban list/logs?
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

kat

A thought...

Have you banned people by using their IP addresses? If so, that doesn't just ban one person. It bans everyone nearby, geographically. IP bans are pretty pointless, anyway, because proxy servers can be used to bypass them, unless your site has an effective anti-proxy script.

Advertisement: