News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Need help with a paypal donate button

Started by STRRAYNGE, November 01, 2013, 10:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRRAYNGE

Hey guys, ive read a ton of threads on this, but just cant figure it out. Im wanting to install a donate button on my forum. Ive searched and searched my index.template to try and locate where I need to edit, but im either overlooking it, or just dont have a clue, probably both. Anyways, I was reading this thread, http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=486274.0, last night and this morning, and trying to figure it out but im lost. Is there anyone that can help me? I can attach my template if someone might want to assist me here. Yes, im a newbie, so please bear with me if you ask question, I might not be able to answer it as clear as most. Thanks for looking!

Burke ♞ Knight

Isn't this basically just a duplicate of your other thread?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=513564.0

You need to set up a PayPal donate button through PayPal.
The mods only put said button into certain locations.
They do not set up the button.

STRRAYNGE

Quote from: BurkeKnight on November 01, 2013, 11:11:25 AM
Isn't this basically just a duplicate of your other thread?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=513564.0

You need to set up a PayPal donate button through PayPal.
The mods only put said button into certain locations.
They do not set up the button.
No, its not a duplicate of my other thread. Im asking for help with a button now. Im not wanting to install a mod like last night, im trying to figure out how to edit my index.template. I have already got the code from paypay, but needing help with where to put it and how.

Kindred

instead of editing the template directly (especially given your lack of coding skill), why are you not willing to use a mod?

There are several paypal mods that do it...   or you can drop the code into a portal block as well...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

STRRAYNGE

Quote from: Kindred on November 01, 2013, 12:03:54 PM
instead of editing the template directly (especially given your lack of coding skill), why are you not willing to use a mod?

There are several paypal mods that do it...   or you can drop the code into a portal block as well...
Thanks for the info! I had tried a mod, but it failed on all themes im using, except for the default. I tried to go in and edit the files that it said needed to be edited, but was unable to even locate them.

For now, I actually just now added a block with the code, but would still like to actually get it into my theme. Thanks again!

STRRAYNGE

Just wanted to give a BIG thanks to Krash. for the awesome help tonight!!

Chalky

STRRAYNGE

Quote from: ChalkCat on November 02, 2013, 05:19:46 AM
Looking good!  Nice one Krash  :D

ChalkCat, ive gotta give you a BIG thanks also for all the help youve provided as well.

Chalky

Advertisement: