mergeSMF.php - Script to merge two SMF forums

Started by bfeist, November 02, 2013, 03:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

this is not an officially supported script...   so, unless the original script was updated by the author, it is not likely that it was ever updted for the php7 changes.

As has been said before, a blank white page indicates a server side failure of php. It's a server side error, which means that it never makes it to the script and can not generate errors in the forum error log (actually, I doubt that this script would ever generate into the forum error log anyway)

The ONLY way you are going to actually find out what is happening is to look at the server side error log.

If your host has removed access to the error log, then you should flee that host ASAP since it means that they are complete and utter idiots.
if you have the two databases, then move to a new host and do the import/merge there
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DragonLady

I have another hosting account elsewhere.  I'll try installing a sandbox version of SMF, and see if this script works there.  If so, I can just export the merged database & use it on the other account.  But if not, I can get the errors from my cpanel there.

DragonLady

QuoteIf your host has removed access to the error log, then you should flee that host ASAP since it means that they are complete and utter idiots.

Yeah. They're the reason I have all these issues in the first place. :( :(

DragonLady

Okay; it's running in the sandbox on the other server just fine.

It will take a few days to move my databases over there and get 'em installed, but when I do I'll let you all know how this turns out.

I'm really, really hoping it works as well as the folks upstream have reported. :)

Bigguy

I take it this will not work for 2.1 at all running php 7.1 ???

Bigguy

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: