News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

youtube link is not displaying in smf [help]

Started by Xpresskonami, November 03, 2013, 04:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xpresskonami

Youtube link is not displaying on smf like other script e.g uloki, wordpress... Any solution to it

Chalky

Do you mean the link isn't showing or the video isn't embedding?  If you mean it isn't embedding, which mod are you using?

kat

Er... Even if you knew everything there was to know, about this kinda stuff, would you be able to even think of what's going-on, from what you've told us, there?

We're going to need to know what IS happening, what you're expecting to happen, what errors messages you're getting, if any. That kinda stuff.

"Youtube link is not displaying on smf" isn't, really, telling us anything other than "It's not working".

Xpresskonami

Quote from: ChalkCat on November 03, 2013, 05:02:44 AM
Do you mean the link isn't showing or the video isn't embedding?  If you mean it isn't embedding, which mod are you using?

instead of showing to click the play icon, it only show link e.g www.youtube.com/2345a
that is what it we show, instead of the video view to click play

Xpresskonami

Shambles

Does this happen for all youtube links, or just those that have https:// as their prefix?

Show us a typical link that isn't working on your site.

Chalky

Videos don't embed automatically, you will need to install a mod for that  ;)  Search the mod site for "YouTube" as there are several mods which will do this.  Off the top of my head, Simple Audio Video Embedder, Aeva, YouTube BBC,...

Xpresskonami

Quote from: ChalkCat on November 03, 2013, 06:02:00 AM
Videos don't embed automatically, you will need to install a mod for that  ;)  Search the mod site for "YouTube" as there are several mods which will do this.  Off the top of my head, Simple Audio Video Embedder, Aeva, YouTube BBC,...
please can you drop the link to download the mod??

Xpresskonami

Thanx @chalk cat... Have install one of the mods you shared and it works, and please it dont work on my wap2, how wil attach it to my wap2, na wireless_template.php will it be or where?

Chalky

The whole idea of WAP is that it keeps pages simple to save on data consumption and embedded videos are highly counter-productive to that.  If any of your users want to view videos from their mobile that suggests they are not concerned about data consumption and would therefore be more likely to use your main forum theme from their smartphone instead.  What I mean to say is I don't think it matters that videos aren't playing in WAP mode.

If you really want videos to display in WAP then you would be better asking on the mod support topic where to apply the code to their templates.  I've no idea since I've never used the WAP mod and none of my members use WAP anyway  ;)

Xpresskonami

Chalky

No problem  :)  I'm going to mark this topic solved now but if you need anything else please just change it back to not solved and carry on posting  :)

Xpresskonami

@chalkcat, please i want to add this code to my bbcode, please in which file or theme template wil i locate where the bbcode are found
'youtube' => array
('code' => 'youtube', 'before' => '[youtube]', 'after' => '[/youtube]', 'description' => $txt['youtube']),

Shambles

Xpresskonami

That is the mod i use, so the youtube bbcode is n0t there, so i want to add it to it...

Shambles

Quote from: Xpresskonami
... so the youtube bbcode is n0t there, so i want to add it to it...

As I said...

Quote from: Shambles
Look at the parse instructions of an existing bbcode modification ...

It shows where to place the bbcode:

Xpresskonami

Shambles

You asked this:

Quote from: Xpresskonami
... in which file or theme template wil i locate where the bbcode are found

I showed you how to find out.

The screencap even shows you the name of one of the files you need to edit. Parsing the mod will show you the others.

Xpresskonami

Admin the code is showing error in my wap2. And it work on the full website

Advertisement: