News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Enabling 'Show recent posts at top', then pressing 'New' scrolls screen too far

Started by xpopy, November 05, 2013, 04:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpopy

I've enabled the setting 'Show most recent posts at the top', though when anyone presses the litthe 'New' button for any unread thread, they are being scrolled past the #New.
I'd like them to scroll so #New would be at the bottom of the screen, and all unread posts are stacked up on that.

Arantor

They are directed to the earliest unread post for them, which will be the bottom-most one.

* Arantor has long considered actually removing this option in future versions of SMF.

xpopy

Yes, I know. But the problem is that I want the earliest post to be down at the bottom of the browser when clicking 'New'.
Right now when I click the button it scrolls too far down so it's even hiding the 'New' post, since the #New div is just below it.

Arantor

That's funny, that's not what happens on my fresh install, even if I have multiple unread messages in a topic - it takes me to the first unread message which at the bottom of the list.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

That's usually my line.

But seriously, I have never seen a forum actually using the option to show recent posts at top intentionally...

xpopy

Oh, interesting. Just tried it out with the default theme, and it seems to work.
I suppose it's just my own theme then...

Kind of busy right now, though I will have a look at the cause later today.

Advertisement: