News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

upgrading issue from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6

Started by Vegas R, November 04, 2013, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegas R

i was trying to follow the online manual and when i trying to alter the permissions of the file i noticed i don't have upgrade.php

i installed using softaculous and i installed another in my sub domain and didn't see the upgrade.php file  :-\

please help and thank you in advance

margarett

You don't need upgrade.php

Just go to your ACP, there should be a red link stating that a more recent version exists, if you click it it *should* download and install it for you.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

Vegas,

doing an upgrade through softaculous or using uprgade.php will remove all mods and reset the forum to a base installation (it will not delete any content, but it will remove all cusotmiations made to the code).  Instead, as margarett indicates, you should go into your smf admin section and click the link for upgrading there (which will then run the package manager to do the upgrade patch)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Vegas R

thanks a lot guys ...
i did it via admin panel :)

Advertisement: