News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Changing 'Forum Profile Information' Width

Started by apt, September 29, 2005, 07:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apt

I'm trying to change the 'Forum Profile Information' Width for the Ig-Oh theme (and others) but can't work out how to do it.

I'm searched the forums and found bits of information regarding this but still cant work out how to do it.  I would appreciate any help.

apt

forsakenlad

First you should make a copy of your Profile.template.php from your Default theme, make the related changes, then you should upload it to your Ig-Oh themes's folder ;)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

apt

Many thanks forsakenlad for the information, can you give me a clue to which part of the code I need to change for the 'Forum Profile Information' table width?  ???

Cheers

apt

forsakenlad

Assuming that you want to change the page that comes up when you actually click "Forum Profile Information", function template_forumProfile() is what you should look for ;)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

1MileCrash

Quote from: apt on September 29, 2005, 03:45:36 PM
Many thanks forsakenlad for the information, can you give me a clue to which part of the code I need to change for the 'Forum Profile Information' table width?  ???

Cheers

apt
do you mean the whole thing?

basically, you will just want to find all of the tables with a width of "100%" and change that to your preference. Then, you will have to wrap center tags around all of those tables, or they will go off to the side of the page. Lastly, in all table cells, add an align attribute for left to all cells that did not have an align value previously.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

apt

Thanks for all your help guys, it turned out it wasn't the width that was the problem but the size of the input fields. So I have shaved 20 of all input boxes and now the 'forum profile information' page fits perfectly within my Joomla template.

Thanks again  :D

Advertisement: