Mail Error: 553 Relaying disallowed

Started by neCu, November 13, 2013, 10:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neCu

Hello. I'm experiencing problems with SMF and e-mail sending. Even though I'm using correct SMTP login, account etc. I still get Mail Error: 553 Relaying disallowed. I have tried using Mail type: PHP Default, problem still persists. I am using same login information, smtp server etc. on another custom website (outside smf) with phpMailer and everything works there. What could be the problem?
I am using SMF 2.0.6.
Thanks.
SMF Latvian translator.

margarett

Should work, actually...
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=514146.0

Can you try with regular "PHP" mail type?
And there do you get that "relaying disallowed" message? SMF error log?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Oldiesmann

You're getting that error because the domain of the email address doesn't match the domain of the server. You need to use an "@zoho.com" email address if you plan on sending mail through that server.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

neCu

margarett,
I have tried PHP, I get no errors in SMF Logs, but e-mail still is not sent. Yes, error is from SMF error log.
Oldiesmann,
I am using Zoho service for custom domain. I have also connected it with domain (check attachment). As I said, I can send e-mails from custom website using phpMailer and same smtp, account - [email protected] information.
Thanks for responses.
SMF Latvian translator.

Oldiesmann

If you're sure the mail settings are correct, contact zoho and ask them for help.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

neCu

Oldiesmann,
Already contacted Zoho Support, they couldn't really help. But what could be the reason that I can't send e-mail from SMF, but I can from another custom website that is using phpMailer (http://pastebin.com/EJyaNnxU) with same settings as SMF? Couldn't it be something on SMF's end?
Thanks.

SMF Latvian translator.

neCu

Hello. I understood what was causing that error. I checked out Sub-Post.php and saw this line
// From, to, and then start the data...
if (!server_parse('MAIL FROM: <' . (empty($modSettings['mail_from']) ? $webmaster_email : $modSettings['mail_from']) . '>', $socket, '250'))

Basically I was getting 553 error because of this line. My forums webmaster email was different from e-mail that I was using to send e-mails with SMTP. As soon as I changed webmaster mail to same  it all worked just fine. Could this be a bug in SMF?
SMF Latvian translator.

Arantor

Advertisement: