News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Attachments

Started by Baitjunky, November 13, 2013, 09:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baitjunky

All of our user submitted attachments post in thumbnails correct, when double clicked they turn onto there side? Do I have something not set accurately. Seems all IOS photos do this as well.

shadow82x

Turn on their side?? Can you post a link to your site?
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Arantor

This sounds like standard behaviour; the thumbnail is built taking into account the rotation of the image (mostly) but the base attachment just accepts how the picture is without trying to rotate it (which also preserves detail)

Yup, phones only take photos in one rotation regardless of how you hold the phone.

Kindred

basically, the fix is for the USER to make sure the image is the correct rotation before uploading.

We just went through this same question with another admin
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

I'd argue that SMF could be smarter about it, though. The issue is simply one of fidelity; Facebook doesn't generally preserve the original photo properly in any situation, but then again it doesn't have to if it doesn't want to. We, on the other hand, don't really have a choice, because there are instances where the original image must be stored as-is.

Baitjunky

Arantor

Um, we already know what's happening, we already know why it's happening and we already explained that it isn't going to get 'fixed' because it isn't actually 'broken'.

szinski

Advertisement: