News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Friends There has been a problem with the database!

Started by Mbarsky, November 15, 2013, 05:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mbarsky

I wonder why this error once in a while since I installed the first Server even now said for 10 min after giving this error, and this error is not the same as what the self-mailer is improving.

There has been a problem with the database!
This is a notice email to let you know that SMF could not connect to the
database, contact your host if this continues.

Thank you in advance for your help

Kindred

it means exactly what it says... SMF can not connect to the database given the information you provided it...

check your database connection information in Settings.php and confirm that the database name, database user and password are all correct.

I have no idea what you mean by self-mailer.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mbarsky

What is it about this problem is the server of the error because I said there was quite a large number, but 1-2 months is considered are-established these days and it also became more frequent, as if this did not have any problem with the database.

Kindred

I am sorry, but that sentence made no sense at all.

If you have trouble with English, may I suggest you check out the native language support boards for your language of choice?

That being said, I re-read your original post and realized that this was the notification email...
So, while it still means exactly what it says, the issue is with your host.
The system tried to connect to the database and couldn't...   so it sent you an email about it.
It sounds like you are probably on an oversller host who limts your connections to the database so much that it just chokes.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

And, per your other post -- it looks like you are hosted with createaforum....  they have a customized design and are responsible for supporting the forums hosted there.  There is nothing we can do for you.
Слaва
Украинi

Renissi

Hello guys.

I am having the same issue.
The first email received with the same notification above was on Aug 11 2013. The last (number 26) was on Nov 9 2013.

Aug 11
Aug 13
Aug 24 2x
Sept 14
Sept 17 3x
Sept 19 4x
Nov 7 5x
Nov 8 8x
Nov 9

I'm on a paid server (Nouzelle) in the Netherlands. To be honest, I've been on this server since 2006. And without telling a lie, I can't remember any problems with nouzelle... But that doesn't say a thing, I know.

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Back n Black by, Crip |  XHTML |    RSS |    WAP2

I've been searching for a solution since September, and then I've found this topic.. Now i know there is nothing we can do about it.
Thank you anyway, you have helped me with this problem.

Regards from the netherlands.

Chalky

Renissi, have you spoken to your host about this problem?

You really need to update your forum as well since you are two security patches behind.  http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Patching

Renissi

No, I haven't spoke to them...
I thought that this error was not such a big deal..
I mean, f it happens a few times every day, then yes, I will be concerned..

Update? Yes, I need to update to 2.06... But I'm afraid to do so...
Make back up first etc etc.. I know. With 45 years I've been in this business long enough.
But after the update it might be a problem, because I've changed a few scripts.

Oldiesmann

Upgrading to 2.0.6 won't fix database issues. Your best option would be to talk to your host. They'll be able to look at the logs and such to get a better idea of what's causing the problems.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: