Site is being hacked as we speak

Started by Kimmie, November 17, 2013, 01:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmie

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

margarett

Now that is a good support request, isn't it? :P

Honestly, do you think we can do anything to help you with the topic you created?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

1) How do you know it is being hacked?

2) If it is being hacked, modify Settings.php, where it says $maintenance = 0 and change that to $maintenance = 2; which will lock down the forum, followed by making all the files permissions of 000 to disable them even being read by Apache.

Kimmie

Sorry I AM FRANTIC..lol

They took over my admin account, removed my other admins changed the name I had to "admin and changed my password

Kimmie

Kimmie

AWESOME. I now have a white page that says Maintenance In Progress. Please be patient Estimated Down Time 1-2 Hours

What can I do now?

Kimmie

ok I will go through that and see if it helps me get this sorted. Thanks.

Kindred

you got that white screen with text because you put the forum into maintenance mode lockdown.

Did you set the file permissions? 

How do you know you were hacked?

Do you have any server logs (check with your host if you don't know what those are)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kimmie

I though the said it would change them all to 000 automatically

Because the person told me they were going to do it and that they already had my DB (not sure what they meant). They have taken over my account, changed not only my PW but the name, email., everything,

I can still get into CPanel. Is that where the log is you need?

Kimmie

I will gladly give one of you my info if you can help me get this stopped

kat

If that was my site, I'd get onto my host PDQ. I'd also change all of my passwords and restore my latest backup.

ApplianceJunk

I agree with K@.
You do have backups, correct?

Kimmie

I already sent them a ticket but they are a few hours ahead of me so I have no idea when they will even get back to me. I changed my cpanel password but if they can do that to the forum main page, doesn't that mean they already have it?

Kimmie

Kimmie

It has been so long since I have restored one, I don't even know where to start.

kat

No point in even thinking about restoring, until you can stop them rehacking you.

Get onto your host, first.

When you get to the point of restoring, you can think about CPanel>Files>Backups and restoring. ;)

Kindred

Also, your Cpanel password and access should have nothign at all to do with your smf admin access....

unless you used the same username and password for both? (if so, naughty... don't do that)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: